VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i tried out 1.17 but i don't see custom video settings available like in v1.16.5 .. is there a way to change the b-frames parameter in 1.17.0 ?

i also noticed that it doesn't shutdown my computer when i set the option, after a job completes the pc stays on ...

is 1.17.0 buggy ?

sent via android
    Quote Quote  
  2. does anyone know how i can adjust the bframes and other video settings in 1.17.0 ?

sent via android
    Quote Quote  
  3. Code:
    --bframes <integer>     Number of B-frames between I and P [3]
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Code:
    thanks .. its inconvenient for me to read thru that thread, can you tell me how i can get there using the gui rather than script ?

or i can add the line to the ini file for the profile im using if u can post exactly how i should enter it ....

with 1.16.5 it was straightforward creating a custom profile and changing the bframes in video settings, seems like things got shuffled around with 1.17.0 ...

sent via android
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
    Code:
    i didnt realize u are the dev for ripbot ... many thanks to you for bringing ripbot to the community !

i messed with 1.17.0 some more and i see now that i would have to enter the bframes argument in the commands pane, is this correct ?

so i just have to add the line:

--brames 1

is this right ?

also, is there a bug with the shutdown option ? when i did my trial run, it didnt shutdown my computer when it finished the job. with 1.16.5 it shuts down no problem. i actually prefer a sleep option rather than shutdown ...

thanks

sent via android
    Quote Quote  
  6. can someone please confirm the formatting i should use to input the bframes parameter into ripbot options ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by zero7404 View Post
    so i just have to add the line:

--brames 1

is this right ?
    no, it's

--bframes 1
    Quote Quote  
  8. also, is there a bug with the shutdown option ? when i did my trial run, it didnt shutdown my computer when it finished the job. with 1.16.5 it shuts down no problem. i actually prefer a sleep option rather than shutdown ...
    Update is here
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1552882#post1552882
    Quote Quote  
  9. i tested 1.17 further and it doesn't look ready for prime-time. spits an error after finishing an encode about the disk not in the drive. also doesn't shutdown the computer when the option is set. it also doesn't want to close when i try to close it.

on the bright side, the --bframes 1 setting i added to the profile works.

i'm going to stick with 1.16.5 unless some major changes in encoding speeds/performance would justify jumping to a newer version.
    Quote Quote  
  10. update, i found the ripbot update files to fix misc issues with 1.17, it works fine now, but the updated files should be rolled into an updated version of ripbot ... otherwise ppl without the updated files will still have issues with 1.17.0

sent via android
    Quote Quote  
  11. 1.17.1 is on it's way.
    Quote Quote  
  12. another question:

can i specify bitrates between the available presets ? say, i want 5120, or 7168 is that possible ?
    Quote Quote  
  13. why?
    Quote Quote  
  14. because with certain media i want something in between the bitrates available

---
    posted via android
    Quote Quote  
  15. Have you used KEYBOARD at least?
    Quote Quote  
  16. that is what im asking, can i input the bitrate manually

---
    posted via android
    Quote Quote  
  17. no you can't
    Quote Quote