VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,
    Is there a script/program around that is capable of parsing an mts file and print out the datecode or record date?

Otherwise, does anyone know where I can get the mts file spec, so I can pars it myself and extract the date.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    you can probably obtain that info through medialinfo.dll or installing it since it captures virtually everything in a video file.

personally, i prefer not install because it seems to hog resouces on my system in conjunction with my anti-virus software. to eliminate that problem i wrote my own front-end tool, (videodetails) to the dll and just drag-drop files into it to get whatever details. much quicker for me and my system setup. and since you are in programming forum, i suspect you will be able to code something similar for your purpose.

it supports c, vb, and delphi, and probably a few other languages. just google for how to call the dll and obtain the specifica details you need. you may want to parse it to specifics because mediainfo pulls just about everything though some details seem to duplicate in different parts of the extraction/report. well..you'll see. but it was an interesting programming endeavor. i'm working on expanding my own project soon. anyway.

for what its worth, i ran an .m2ts video through it and this is what it gave me regarding 'date' so please see if this is what you are looking for.

File creation date : UTC 2011-12-27 02:02:35.460
    File creation date (local) : 2011-12-26 18:02:35.460
    File last modification date : UTC 2011-12-27 02:00:56.000
    File last modification date (loc : 2011-12-26 18:00:56.000

anyway, it has many possibilities.
    Quote Quote  
  3. If your mts is avchd, you can use avchd2srt, which will print out a srt text file which can be used in many applications. There are links in the discussion to parsing the data as well

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/316229-Export-AVCHD-frame-specific-metadata-to-subtitles
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thank you all.

I was using mediainfo, and that will not extract the date from an mts file. It works on m2t/avi files fine.

I Downloaded the script avchd2srt and this works great. Comes with the source code too!!

How do people that write these things get hold of the file specs?

Anyway, this was a great help.
    Quote Quote