VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just started trying to rip my Blu-ray collection to MP4 x.264 files with Aiseesoft Blu-ray Ripper. The resulting files play back jerky at times (on large moving scenes) and 5.1 surround sounds funny (I have to use 2 channel stereo on the x.264 MP4 settings). I think the problem is it only does a single pass encode. What I do like is it supports AMD APP Acceleration which really speeds things up!!!

Unless someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong in the program I'm using. I think I need to look at something else to do my rips/encodes. I also already have AnyDVD HD, so that will remove the copy protection for me. The ISO's it makes are just too big for my space... So what is the best program (meaning EASY and Good quality) to use that also supports AMD APP Acceleration? (Or is that not any good?) I've look around on here, but there are so many programs, my head is spinning...

Thanks!!

Mav
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    BDRebuilder is kinda easy and can convert to a single mp4, http://adubvideo.net/how-to/convert-blurays-ipad-bd-rebuilder .
    No amd app acceleration though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use Aiseesoft and it has been working great for me. It decrypts most of the movies I've been ripping just fine. I use BDLot blu ray ripper for the problem children. I don't use surround sound but I have noticed some of the Mp4 profiles work better than others. The one I'm using now is in the HD video submenu, default name "HD H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Video(*.mp4)" . Play with those settings. 720p, 4500, 256, 23.967 work great for most movies but I've run into a couple that wouldn't do 720p worth a damn. I did Speed Racer in 1080p and Australia and Stargate in 960*540 and they are all absolutely flawless. The 960*540 actually looks great too. I playback in iTunes from a usb hard drive most of the time. My computer is connected to my tv with an HDMI cable. iTunes does seem to have a problem with 1080p though. I haven't found a way to adjust the buffer in iTunes so I just use Windows Media Player (20 sec buffer setting) to playback the 1080p stuff.
    Quote Quote