VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello. I will begin for apologizing for such a newbie question but I am just getting up to speed on the process of copying/converting DVDs. I have read through the forum in detail but I am still a bit confused on what I actually need from DVDFab. It is probably just me but it seems like their product descriptions have overlap. What I am looking to accomplish is below.

Simply speaking, I would like to copy my DVD collection (create soft copies) and then convert those files (MP4) to play on my Playstation 3. I would want the converted file to be as close to the DVD resolution as possible as the file would be watched on a 46in Plasma or a projector w/ 100 inch screen...both via PS3.

I think I have narrowed it down to DVD Copy, DVD Ripper and PassKey for DVD but I do not think I need all 3.

Lastly, if any one has done anything similiar with success please let me know if there is something I am missing or should know.

Thank you have taking the time to help me out with what is probably a trivial question for most on this board.

Thanks,
    Frank
    Quote Quote  
  2. Well worth investing in is AnyDVD (comes with a lifetime licence).
    This will remove the protection on the discs you have and any you purchases in the future.

With the above installed, a free program such as video.NET should do the trick.
    Quote Quote  
  3. To do it for free, use DVDFab HD Decrypter and video.NET

Another way is to use BDlot DVD ISO Master and video.NET

There are a multitude of methods. Check the Tools section on the left for freeware.
    Quote Quote