VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have an ATI TV tuner card (600 or 650, I forget which) that does digital OTA TV and has analog inputs. All I really want is to be able to take the s-video and audio inputs and display them on my monitor in real time. I used to have a free program which did this, it was very simple without much for options, just selected the audio and video sources and it displayed them in a resizable window. I can't find that program anymore, or one that will do the same.

I run Windows 7 x64, which I tried the built in Windows Media Center and thought it would work since it displayed the input and audio in the preview thing during setup. It would not let me finalize config without an IR thing for a cable box, etc. I tried a fake IR driver but it wouldn't install, seems to not be x64 compatible.

Any suggestions for free software that'll display real time what the card is capturing? Right now I'm using the trial of Beyond TV and it has a slight delay, maybe a second or two but it sometimes gets a little longer towards 3 seconds. I used to have a program that had no delay. Ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try using virtualdub or virtualdubmod. both are free. just google them. see witch one you perfer. virtualdubmod is newer and has some extra features.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an ATI TV Wonder 650 PCI card, and might be able to make some suggestions for you to try if I knew what video and audio formats you want to use for capture. Most capture programs are limited in that area.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you don't mind a small preview window, there is a program is the videohelp tools section called STOIK.
    Quote Quote