I am having a huge amount of trouble recording a Virtual Console game with my newly bought Hauppauge HD PVR.

The Wii menu works fine, as do any 60Hz games. However whenever my TV switches itself to 50Hz to accommodate games such as A Link to the Past on the Virtual Console, the entire thing freezes up. When I press the Home button, I can see the game screen and the Home Menu works fine, but then as soon as I press the Home button again, the picture simply disappears. When I reset the game, I get the first sound effect of the game before hearing a sort of crackling sound and the game just freezes up again.

I record my gameplay with Component Cables and I believe they are at the root of the problem. I don't know if they support 50Hz games, and if they didn't, it would certainly explain why Virtual Console games don't work.

May I add that I have gotten in contact with other people who use an identical set-up to mine, and none of them have had this problem when recording Virtual Console games.

Some help would be MUCH appreciated!