VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I dont know where to post this question.
    I searched all the regions hacks for Sony's and found one that almost worked.
    I followed these instructions exactly and the screens come up except on the last screen where it displays the region, there is no method to change the region. If I select, Next, it goes away. If I type in a number it goes to the previous screen, any help. I really would like to play a DVD from England on a US Sony

-Turn TV onto input channel (the one used to watch DVDs normally)
    -Press Title, clear, power on DVD remote in rapid succession
    -Go to 0 for Syscon Diagnosis
    -Go to 2 for Version
    -Go to 5 for Region
    -Enter the region desired (01-05). This part just doesn't work, no way to enter or change the region.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hacks for your player are here: https://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks/sony-dvp-s360/428. ...But one reply said a mod chip was required for them to work. Some countries require that all DVD players can be made region free and players sold there may have a mod chip or different firmware which allows it. The same model sold in the US may not be hackable.

Welcome to VideoHelp. A couple of suggestions about using this forum... Posting a question about hacking your model in threads about region-free hacks for other models is unlikely to get you a useful answer. Plus, cross-posting and thread hijacking violate forum rules.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 29th Dec 2011 at 13:03.
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for the response. I checked t hat thread and was unable to post to it, it said it was not a forum, so I dont know where to post. I think its not possible based on that thread, that I need a mod chip whatever that is, and another person said it was not likely to be able to change region on a US Sony.
    He suggested ripping the dvd to another disc. I might try that.
    Is there is another forum for me to post to, I would be glad to but I can't figure out where that would be.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    So you want to play Region 2 dvd's (England) in a Region 1 dvd player (U.S.)...

Ripping the R2 dvd to your PC and burning back to a DVDR will remove the region coding, but there is another issue....

The U.S. is NTSC video format and England is PAL video format, and i doubt your $ONY dvd player will convert PAL to NTSC.

$ony's are notorious for throwing up a message that say's the dvd you are trying to play is the incorrect region even when it is region free just because it is in PAL format and not NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the reply.
    I will try ripping it and burning it but it sounds like I am out of luck with my sony player either way.
    I will be able to watch it on my pc when I get one.
    just wanted to try it on the tv.
    its a dvd t hat was never released in the states
    Quote Quote