VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey

I am using Multiavched to burn 3d films to BD-R. Have followed the tutorial and everything goes ok. My problem is with the menu. When I insert the BD-R into the Blu Ray player the options come up ie Play, Chapter, Settings etc. On a regular blu ray disc when you navigate around the menus the selection is highlighted or there is a tick beside your selection. Problem is there is none on mine so I dont know what option I am selecting.

Is there anywhere on Multiavchd that can highlight the option settings or put a tick beside it as I cannot see this?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What's your BluRay player? multiAVCHD does not produce good output for some players. I have a Momitsu region free BluRay player and it can't play anything that multiAVCHD makes, menu or not. It is possible that you have a BluRay player that simply can't deal with what multiAVCHD produces. It's a good tool and it works well for a lot of people but unfortunately it has given out the impression that it works perfectly in 100% of BluRay players and that is simply not true.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    It's a good tool and it works well for a lot of people but unfortunately it has given out the impression that it works perfectly in 100% of BluRay players and that is simply not true.
    What's a good blu-ray authoring tool that is compatible with all players? (I'm asking because I'm starting my baby steps into blu-ray world)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There really isn't anything that's compatible with all players, but you can blame the manufacturers for being incredibly inconsistent in what they support. If you burn to BD discs then you have more options as BluRay on DVD support is wildly inconsistent. Some BluRay players will only play AVCDH on DVD, others will play only BluRay format on DVD, others will play both and a few bad players may not play anything BluRay like if it's on DVD media. I've had success using tsmuxer to create discs that my Momitsu will play, but there are no menus if you use that tool. Unfortunately BD discs are too expensive for me to gamble one under multiAVCHD and see if my player might play a BD-R disc made with a menu that way, but I can tell you that it definitely can't play DVD+/-R discs created under multiAVCHD no matter what settings are used. Even a "no menu" disc failed to play. And my player doesn't like BD-RE very much which means that I can't really test with re-writables either. Note that most people have no issues with multiAVCHD but for those of us who do, the only "solution" is to not use it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks I have a Samsung BD-C5900 Blu Ray player. Tried burning a few discs and they burn ok but again cannot select chapters, play etc on the menu. Have a PS3 but have not played BD-R on this yet. MultiAvchd seems to do what it says on the tin except for this Burned an avi file with AShampoo Menu and the chapters can be selected on this. Problem is that the files I have are 3d mkv and if I convert them they will loose quality and maybe even the 3d?
    Quote Quote