VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    i want to convert all my videos via automated php script. but i want to embed (hardsub) subtitle and add watermark too.

ffmpeg can add watermark but cant embed subtitle, mencoder can embed subtitle but cant add watermark. actually it can, but bmovl parameter is too complex and i think its not support my method. i am sending commands via php-exec function. i succesfully added watermark to a video over ssh with mencoder. but if i send exact commands over php-exec its returns/do nothing.

do you know any linux program can do my wishes? or do you know any method for ffmpeg / mencoder to do that jobs?
    Last edited by Baldrick; 29th Dec 2011 at 04:12. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed your thread title so it better describes what you really need and I moved you to our linux section.

I don't know anything else than ffmpeg and mencoder...
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I changed your thread title so it better describes what you really need and I moved you to our linux section.

I don't know anything else than ffmpeg and mencoder...
    thanks.

i found a program called handbrake but its not support add watermark.

can you do both job same time on ffmpeg / mencoder?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    I think you can can pipe the output from ffmpeg (with added watermark) to mencoder input. This way it is done in two steps but with a single command line. Perhaps you can create your own bash script that you call from php to avoid problems with the php-exe function.

EDIT: Or you can use transcode which has filters for adding logo (maybe it can be used as a watermark if the logo is transparent) and to add subtitles.
    http://www.transcoding.org/transcode?Filter_Plugins#Video_Filter
    Last edited by ronnylov; 2nd Jan 2012 at 09:40.
    Ronny
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    thx ronnylov. i dont know to write a bash script. actually i dont know what it is

but transcode looks like great. i will try it.
    Quote Quote