VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I have posted 3 very simple requests:

1) Is it possible to have multiple audios and multiple subs (or at least one sub), on the PRO version?
    2) Is it possible to make VOB2MPG selects all titles based on a min num of secs, like, if it is more than 120 secs, or user definable, auto select the title? For example, while ripping 12 series DVDs, I have to select 6 chapters from a total of 8 each time.
    3) auto select a predefined audio stream, for example spanish, user definable?

I was told more or less it was doable, but here we are 18 months later, and nothing. Still nothing implemented.

Is the application DEAD?

By the way, I bought the PRO version.
    Last edited by kwanbis; 5th Jan 2012 at 18:00.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, same thing happen to me, when I extract one DVD Karaoke to multiple chapter, it has only one audio track. I just wondering if anyone find a way to keep multiple audio track in the VOB2MPG PRO
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    a problem is the old mpeg-2 program stream definition was for 1 video and 1 audio stream only. that's why the vob standard had to be invented for dvd with multiple audio and subs. non-standard mpeg-2 program streams are not likely to play the "extras" muxed into it.

so yes it is possible to do, just not keeping the file in spec.

personal requests of things that are possible, but not needed by most people would most likely not be implemented by any programmer.

chrissyboy is still around and active.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Chrissyboy,

My original Karaoke has 3 audio tracks, I want these 3 tracks after extraction included in my seperate MPEG2 chapter . Can this implemeted ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The project is NOT dead.... I have just been completely broadsided by work commitments. I have some new features currently in development (including some of the OP’s) and will be releasing once my current workload nightmare is over.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    a problem is the old mpeg-2 program stream definition was for 1 video and 1 audio stream only. that's why the vob standard had to be invented for dvd with multiple audio and subs. non-standard mpeg-2 program streams are not likely to play the "extras" muxed into it...
    This is so NOT TRUE. MPEG2 PS includes support for multiple V+A streams. I know, I've done LOTS of dualmux video testing (for stereoscopic work), and nearly EVERYTHING computer-based supports it, even if it isn't programmed to handle it well (quite common). I even have test files I could post...

VOB was created because of packet size requirements, and because of the need for DVD-specific program items: LPCM audio (in private data stream), Subpicture graphics (also), Cell Navigation, and especially cell skip-ability (Multi-angle, Seamless Branching, and Parental Controls). These weren't available in the standard M2PS. Obviously, they ARE available in M2TS, as that's what BD uses.

Scott
    Quote Quote