VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is probably going to sound weird but oh well. Basically I have a homemade DVD which has about a minute at the start of the video which is just some super lame 1980s effects as an 'intro'. Now ordinarily I'd just cut that part off with VideoReDo and let it start at the real video but the problem is the person had the bright idea of starting the audio of the main video at the beginning of the intro. So ideally I'd like to keep that in but I'd prefer a minute of nothing and just the audio than the silly video effects.

So basically what I'm asking is if there is a simple enough way of replacing a set number of video frames with a blank screen of the same length?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDRemake has an option for this, called 'replace with still'. Audio and duration aren't modified at that. The source for replacement must be an authored DVD folder (e.g. a still black or any other picture run through Muxman). You can mark the range of the cell you plan to replace using 'split here' command of DVDRemake.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can use a VobBlanker (free), to blank first few cells you do not want to play. Audio will stay.
    Quote Quote