VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

First of all, if this is not the forum, feel free to delete or anything but please, please first inform me of another forum in which I can go to get this exact information. Since I don't even know where to start, a fórum is the right place for me to go.

Here's the deal :

I'm trying o create a simple visual. So simple that I almost could've done on PowerPoint. Almost, but not quite.

I'll try to explain not only what I need but also give evidence of the resources I'll be needing [I don't know which software to use] :

The vídeo would start with a customized background and a song would fade-in. Basically, the whole video, I'd be using fade-ins and fade-outs. I'd have a text in the screen with a word that would stay there. Let's say EXAMPLE. So I have EXAMPLE in a section of the screen. After a couple of seconds, he background would fade out and another one would kick in, the song would fade out and another song would kick in [I'd be playing very brief áudio clips. If the software would help me with that too, great,] and the text except EXAMPLE would fade-out so another portion of text would fade-in. Again, fade all around. EXAMPLE would be there until the very last minute, in which I'd post the credits. Until then, I'd need to be able to fade in and out the text in front of it [EXAMPLE THIS, THAT AND THE THIRD [fade-out/fade-in] EXAMPLE THE THIRD, THAT AND THIS,] and, about once of twice, the text before it [EXAMPLE THE THIRD, THAT AND THIS [fade-out/fade-in] NOW EXEMPLIFY THIS ONE,] but that portion of text "EXAMPLE" would stay positioned in the same place all the time.

I figure I can do this with about, say, twenty songs. Maybe more, but it's still a low number since I'd be playing extremely short portions. Think of it as an áudio sampler [it's not, by the way.] I think that, if I got the message right, you will all agree this is simple. I couldn't do it on PowerPoint because :

1. Maintaining the position of EXAMPLE while writing text before it was tricky. If I added another text portion, it'd fade before it [I need the sentence to fade-in at the same time,] and if I edited the text block, EXAMPLE would end up someplace else.
    2. I can't apply fade-in and fade-out to text. Only one or the other. Since it doesn't do full transitions, I'd need to at least do both to each text block. [if you guys know a software that would do full transitions -- the next piece of text fading in while the other is fading out -- that'd be great.]

Again, I have no clue if this forum can help me. But I also don't know which forum can. I don't edit visuals. But I'm willing to learn and I need to learn while doing this one specifically.

Thank you all,
    Hopp
    Last edited by IAmHopp; 24th Dec 2011 at 04:13. Reason: Changing signature, that's all.
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is a fairly simple task for video editing software

e.g. sony vegas pro, premiere pro

If this is a one shot deal, you might be able to get away with using the trial version

You can buy a consumer version of version of vegas (movie studio platinum) for <$100
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome IAmHopp

Take a look at Wax2, it can certainly do this with a little patience
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to you both. Will probably get Premiere first to see what's the deal. And yeah, one shot, probably will get the trial.

I'll try my best to maneuver this alone and use help and tutorials if I can't manage but if I'm just totally unsuccessful, I'll return here to ask for assistance.

Thanks again,
    Hopp
    Quote Quote