VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i'm trying to convert the DTS audio in an MKV to AC3 so I can whatch the MKV on my LG tv. I Have used MKVToolNix with popcorn GUI for 2 other MKV's and it worked perfectly, Now on the one I'm currently trying to convert, It will not work... I also tried doing the 3 steps (extract/convert/merge) manually with MKVToolNix/MKVextractGUI2, and EAC3to/EAC3toGUI and Both ways are encountering the same problem...

It extracts the DTS audio just fine, But when trying to convert to AC3 it fails. In popcorn I get an "error 1" and Using the EAC3toGUI it pops up this message:

I'm guessing i don't have the right codec? Does anyone know where I can find the correct codec? or perhaps some other DTS to AC3 converter (besides EAC3to) that has more codecs or will be able to handle this file? I will attach the full file info as a .txt, and here is a pic showing just the audio stream info:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DTSaudio.PNG
Views:	733
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	10221
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by KushSmoka420; 23rd Dec 2011 at 00:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Got it to work. Had to use DAudioK and it converted it fine. I would still like to know the reasons though so I don't run into the same thing in the future. When I opened DAaudioK it asked me about ffdshow and I chose do not use ffdshow.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Guess I spoke to soon... and now I'm really confused. I did have success converting the audio and remuxing it into a new mkv file along with original video, however now the new MKV won't play on my TV??? I have no idea whats going on.

first time I tried playing and MKV with dts audio on my TV, it said invalid file and didn't play at all. Converted it (but using popcorn GUI with MKVToolNix/EAC3to) and it played fine with audio on my TV. Second MKV (the one this post is about) Said unsupported audio and still played, just with no sound. So I used MKVExtractGUI2 with MKVToolNix then DaudioK then MKVmerge GUI with MKVToolNix and the video assembled fine. It plays on my computer in VLC player, but not on my tv... I Know the audio is supported and I know the video codec is supportec, yet the MKV does not play at all, I get an invalid file message...

Please can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    In mkvmergegui be sure to disable the header compression, under file->options and check disable header removal compression. Then restart mkvmergegui and make a new mkv.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    you could try MKV2AC3
    Quote Quote