VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. I recently reinstalled my desktop with an SSD as the main drive. I have looked everywhere and I cannot find the original driver CD for my AverTV HD DVR. I use PS3 over HDMI, and even the newer drivers recommended here, will not allow me to record hdcp connections. The most I can get through vhcapture, or virtualdub is 1/2 second of video while switching modes in the program. I had absolutely no problem before and I refuse to switch to component.

Hopefully one of you has the original driver CD, or a link to the original drivers online somewhere. Crossing my fingers, Please help out if you can. Just to clarify, this is the PCI Express version.
    Last edited by Cam94Z28; 22nd Dec 2011 at 23:44.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Did you perform a search within this forum?

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/335793-AverTV-HD-DVR-drivers
    Quote Quote  
  3. yes that's actually the thread that lead me to post myself. Those are not original, they are newer drivers. I tried them, but did not have the same results. Maybe it is because I installed the newer version first. I did uninstall and delete the entire avermedia folder before installing those drivers. Maybe there is something else saved in the registry, I don't know. The most I can get out of virtualdub or vhcapture is a 1/2 second of clear video display while switching video modes in the software. It immediately goes to black.

Are there any PVR's that will do hdcp without a problem?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Are you aware that there is more to the "trick" than just installing the old drivers? You also have to have the AVerMedia app open or you will get the behavior you describe.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Yes, It's not like I'm a new owner. I've been capturing videos with it for over a year, and had a youtube channel based around the 1st person features of black ops theater mode, until mw3 ruined that. So, I am aware of the "trick". Open Avermedia, load the Live tab, wait for the HDCP handshake warning, then load vhcapture or virtualdub, etc....

It wasn't until I upgraded my pc and lost the drivers that I started having issues. The brand new version and driver doesn't even leave any doubt. The HDCP handshake warning never comes up in avermedia, but if you try to load a third party software the only thing you see is a black screen and the word HDCP.

The slightly older version suggested in the linked thread also never seemed to display the warning. I cannot find a version older than that to try. I managed to find an older driver alone, but still no luck.

Thanks for trying to help, Merry Christmas.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The HDMI input still displays correctly in the app, right?

I'm not familiar with the handshake warning you describe. For me I just open the app, leave it open, don't click anything within it and VirtualDub can access the input.

The driver CD is nearly 600MB because it has tons of different language versions of the Acrobat installer on it. I doubt it will help but here is the C027 subfolder in the Drivers directory: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=YMBB67MY
    Quote Quote  
  7. Yes, the HDMI signal displayed perfectly in both alternate versions of the software/driver. Thank you very much. I don't recall the version of the last driver I installed but I believe it was quite a bit newer than than that. FWIR, with the correct "workaround" driver, you can use any version of the software. Will give it a try after christmas. I just checked and the version you sent is 1.12.64.11 while the one linked in this forum is 1.12.64.22 (for win7 x64). Hopefully .10 makes all the difference in the world :P

Thanks again!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    I doubt it will help
    You are correct. No help.

I have this problem 4 months ago.

To solve this, get the actual drivers and app on avermedia site. Install both, reboot.

Now go to net and download revo unistaller (free edition) and remove in advanced mode all drivers and app related to Avermedia. Clean all registrys. Reboot.

Get .22 drivers and install via INF (extract using Winrar ou 7zip). Go to avermedia and dl the 1.7.8 AMC. Install and reboot.

HDCP trick works again.

Claudio

Quote Quote  
  9. Thanks, will try both options and see what works. I have ccleaner, but don't think I can select a specific program as you said with revo. Quick question, is the issue driver based? Can you use any version of the avermedia software or only the version that comes with the drivers?

Merry Christmas, and thanks to both of you for the help
    Quote Quote  
  10. Cauptain,
    When I wipe the old version of avermedia and install 1.7.8 it installs 1.12.64.29. This is way too new and will never work. I have a version of 1.7.5 that looked like the original version I had installed (visually), but still had issues. Will try using revo to uninstall just the driver, then manually install the older one.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AWESOME NEWS!!!

Released: AVERMEDIA CENTER FULL HDMI HDCP PROTECT REMOVE.

Yes. Finally no more tricks or methods to record HDMI HDCP devices.

Get the AVERTV HD PACK, install and enjoy.

Patched AMC notes - By me:

- HDCP record in MPEG2 mode.

- HDCP record in AVI mode. Set manually the AVI resolution. If it's set to 1920x1080 it doesn't correct itself and gives that resolution error.
    - FULL PS3 HDCP is gone. All games works and BDs.
    - No crashed after 7hours (view and records) tests.
    - ESET approved - No virus in EXE file.

AMC HDMI HDCP PACK - News links added:

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mfxeifodf4ad9b

Link 2: http://www.4shared.com/rar/YMNHr8KZ/AVERTV_HD_HDMI__HDCP_PROTECT_R.html

Thank you Zcranck (AVS FORUM) for info about the patched version AMC. Its solve all problems in definitive.

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 10th Feb 2012 at 07:06.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cam94Z28 View Post
    Cauptain,
    When I wipe the old version of avermedia and install 1.7.8 it installs 1.12.64.29. This is way too new and will never work. I have a version of 1.7.5 that looked like the original version I had installed (visually), but still had issues. Will try using revo to uninstall just the driver, then manually install the older one.
    You're making things too difficult. The AVer MediaCenter installer is a self-extracting WinRAR archive. If you install WinRAR (7zip may also work?), right click on the EXE and extract it to a folder. From there you can see the separate contents and install only the program.

Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Thank you Zcranck (AVS FORUM) for info about the patched version AMC. Its solve all problems in definitive.
    It's great and all, but doesn't help the people who want to "stream" PS3 gameplay directly to the interwebs. What would really solve everything would be instructions on how to disassemble the drivers instead of the software.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Released: AVERMEDIA CENTER FULL HDMI HDCP PROTECT REMOVE...
    AMC HDMI HDCP PACK: http://www.multiupload.com/A8WHTGUXDR
    Nice. I don't even have the card but I'm downloading the software in case I get one!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by vaporeon800 View Post
    It's great and all, but doesn't help the people who want to "stream" PS3 gameplay directly to the interwebs. What would really solve everything would be instructions on how to disassemble the drivers instead of the software.
    Hi vaporeon800,

No problem with the PS3 stream. The problem is to be via HDMI.

It is recommended stream via component because games output HDMI have LAG INPUT on PS3.

The AMARECTV makes it very easy. The adobe FME software also makes too.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks Cauptain!
    I managed to get it to work FWIW. I wiped everything with revo uninstaller (although I don't think I really had to). Then, I installed the drivers linked here, and installed Avermedia Center 1.7.5, went to advanced during the install, and unchecked the driver. Worked fine, but I had to do it a little differently than before.

I could not get video unless I loaded vitualdub first, selected the BDA secondary input, THEN loaded Avermedia Center.

If you're saying this new setup lets you record right through the Avermedia software, I will definitely give it a try.

Recorded a video last night showing terrible spawns in mw3. Encoded in divx at 20mbps, added a bit of saturation with youtoob edit tool. So happy to be able to record again! Now to get my other channel back to it's previous glory :P
    http://youtu.be/Gwba2C1eJsk?hd=1
    Last edited by Cam94Z28; 7th Jan 2012 at 01:39.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    hello im haveing a prob here with the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 on win7 64bit
    AMD phenom(tm)8550 triple-core processor 2.20GHz 4gig ram
    when i instal it after about 10minsit will make my pc crach on me and i have to un install it so my pc will not crash then any help here
    will make me happy thank you all lee.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by le112 View Post
    hello im haveing a prob here with the AVerTV CaptureHD H727 on win7 64bit
    AMD phenom(tm)8550 triple-core processor 2.20GHz 4gig ram
    when i instal it after about 10minsit will make my pc crach on me and i have to un install it so my pc will not crash then any help here
    will make me happy thank you all lee.

Use C027 drivers. Try and reply

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AMC HDMI HDCP PACK - News links added (10.02.2012):

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mfxeifodf4ad9b

Link 2: http://www.4shared.com/rar/YMNHr8KZ/...PROTECT_R.html
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search PM
    hello what will this do ??
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If you have an Avermedia HDDVR card it will allow you to capture via the HDMI input and avoid any troubles with HDCP encryption.
    I tried it and it works like a charm. Thanks again Claudio!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    what pc do u av cos its makes my pc crash
    AVerTV CaptureHD H727

AMD phenom(tm)8550 triple-core processor 2.20GHz 4gig ram 1TB HDD
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what pc do u av cos its makes my pc crash
    AVerTV CaptureHD H727

AMD phenom(tm)8550 triple-core processor 2.20GHz 4gig ram 1TB HDD

Please, get SPEECY, run it and post your link/log to me.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    is this it http://speccy.piriform.com/results/DxzBUC6Kf6D71frgXGD040d thank you for helpin me here
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi le112,

Look your MB and see Nforce chipset.

1 - Change your PCI-e 4x (white) slot to PCI-e 16x (Black) slot. Probably will solve your problem with AVERTV.

2 - Get NFORCE Drivers and install: http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/n...us&type=nForce

3 - Get NVIDIA VGA Driver and install: http://www.nvidia.com/content/DriverDownload-March2009/confirmation.php?url=/Windows/2...s&type=GeForce

Make it and post here.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search PM
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33tq91y&s=5
    here is the insied of my pc and the slot u see is were the cap card fits in to the small one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33tq91y&s=5
    here is the insied of my pc and the slot u see is were the cap card fits in to the small one
    Your AVERTV fits in both slots. The 2 slots are PCI-E. Insert in black slot, will work.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    witch one do i put it into the top 1 or the small one under the long one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Insert in LONG SLOT only.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    ok but on the card i av look @ the gold bit its the sam,e size al the small slot on my pc
    http://tinypic.com/r/rwnihl/5
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know my AVERTV (C027) is same size, but you can put in the larger slot that will work.

Try and tell me if it worked.

Claudio
    Quote Quote