VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by AnantJoshi View Post
    Thanks Claudio

The HDCP trick do work in Windows 8 x64 Pro WMC.
    I can confirm that. I did exactly as instructed by you and it worked.
    But I don't have PS3 to confirm that whether the signal is HDCP protected or not.
    However, I have a blu ray player which I directly connected to HDMI port
    I know the blu ray I have is copy protected being original.
    I tried 2-3 different blurays in a player. All captured in HDMI without any problem.
    Check the screen shot. I tried long duration capture also and it did work.
    So can we confirm that it worked for Windows 8 also.
    Thanks again for all your help and clear cut instructions.
    You are welcome AnantJoshi

Good to know it worked.

I will give an update on my PACK and add the information to Windows 8 also

Any doubt or questions, reply.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi,

I am in the business of finding a way to backup all those programs I have for my kid on my PVR right now and this solution looks really cool to me so I'm ready to give it a try.

Only problem, I would really like to use my laptop for this stuff so is there any compatible Aver product that is not an internal pc card?

I looked quickly on avermedia's website ad I couldn't find any external device with hdmi input so I guess the answer is no, but just in case, could anyone please confirm this to me?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magimat View Post
    Hi,

I am in the business of finding a way to backup all those programs I have for my kid on my PVR right now and this solution looks really cool to me so I'm ready to give it a try.

Only problem, I would really like to use my laptop for this stuff so is there any compatible Aver product that is not an internal pc card?

I looked quickly on avermedia's website ad I couldn't find any external device with hdmi input so I guess the answer is no, but just in case, could anyone please confirm this to me?

Thanks
    Do you want record via HDMI?

If YES, has no model avaliable from AVERMEDIA

Look for HD-PVR GE

Claudio

Quote Quote  
  4. Hey,

Thanks for the answer. Yes I wan to record hdmi and I want to make use of your little trick to remove HDCP, so a Hauppage or any other model won't work.

Anyway, I think I settled to use my desktop downstairs, so I will get myself a brand new Avermedia Game Broadcaster tomorrow and give this trick a try. I'm running a brand new Windows 8 installation so I'm glad to read a few comments up that someone was able to make this work on Windows8.

Just to be sure, ca I install the latest AverMedia Center and drivers from avermedia and only use your HDCP remover after or do I need to specifically use the media center and drivers included in your package?

I will report tomorrow if I can find the card at my local stores.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by magimat View Post
    Hey,

Thanks for the answer. Yes I wan to record hdmi and I want to make use of your little trick to remove HDCP, so a Hauppage or any other model won't work.

Anyway, I think I settled to use my desktop downstairs, so I will get myself a brand new Avermedia Game Broadcaster tomorrow and give this trick a try. I'm running a brand new Windows 8 installation so I'm glad to read a few comments up that someone was able to make this work on Windows8.

Just to be sure, ca I install the latest AverMedia Center and drivers from avermedia and only use your HDCP remover after or do I need to specifically use the media center and drivers included in your package?

I will report tomorrow if I can find the card at my local stores.
    Only Mediacenter.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Hey,

I finally had time to install my capture card and try this out.

I can also confirm that it works really well under Windows 8. It wasn't working at first and I had to try different things, but I finally got it working. First I was using the win 8 driver for my C127 from aver website and the AMC form the package and media center never did recognize my card. I tried all possible combination and it was just not working.

Then I finally decided to install everything directly from the CD that came with my card. AMC was then starting correctly and recognizing my card, but no HDCP removal of course. Than I simply copied the modded exe from your package over the one in my installation directory and voilà!

So basically, under Windows 8, I simply installed everything plain directly from the original CD (AMC and drivers) and than copied your modded exe over. Now I can stream and record from HDMI without any trouble with HDCP. I don't know if I was just lucky and it was just a result of all the tests I did before, but it just works now!

So thanks a lot! I can now offload all those TV programs that I have on my cablebox.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by Drake_DuCaine View Post
    No Good. I downloaded the avermedia HDCP remover, but now every time I switch to HDMI input it's just a black box with "HDCP" in the middle. Does not display my HDMI source. :c

Windows 7 64-bit, HDMI Input from PS3, Avermedia C027 PCIe card.
    Easy. Uninstall all drivers, use cclenaer, reboot your PC.

Install only DRIVERS, no need AVERMEDIA CENTER.

Use AVERAIDE to enable hdcp trick. Record using any program.

Claudio

Can I use that method to stream ps3 on Xsplit via HDMI?

Now, I am using the Avermedia center + game capture on Xsplit, but makes my computer very slow. I want to directly stream on Xsplit like I do with xbox360.
    Last edited by Beastworm; 15th Jan 2013 at 10:28.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone.
    First up just want to say what a relief to finally find an active thread discussing this, been looking for months and only found this today.

I want to record HD through HDMI from my cable box to my PC and will be using an Avermedia product to do so, just though I'd get all of yours recommendation on which capture card I should buy to do so?
    I'm looking at the Game Broadcaster HD C127, would this be a good choice or is there something better?
    They all looked fairly similar in price but I dont mind paying an extra $10-$50 for a better/easier solution

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The C127 is overkill, but if you want there's no reason not to get it. The C027 will do everything you need unless your TV provider offers 1080p content.

There is also a Chinese clone that does HDCP recording without any hack or workaround.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, pretty sure it only does 1080i.

Where could I find this Chinese version? That sounds heaps better, I assumed that any method of HDMI recording would need a hack to work
    Quote Quote  
  11. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Here is the link with user reviews stating what the card can do: http://dx.com/p/hdmi-1-3-pci-express-high-definition-video-capture-card-72046

Here are some Chinese cards on eBay for cheaper. I can't guarantee they do it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-Capture-Vi … 1038398584
    It's HDMI input only and has no passthrough. You will want to get a powered splitter and an extra cable with this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HDMI-1080i-HD-V … 1154724255
    This one adds component input.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PCI-E-1080P-30H … 0993117951
    This red one does 1080p24 and 1080p30; no analog inputs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-HDMI-Output … 1205026569
    This slightly more expensive red one adds a passthrough output; again no analog. Zero info regarding whether it does HDCP.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    That deal extreme one sounds almost perfect, have you/anyone else had any experience with it ? I'm concerned by the comment saying it doesn't record correctly with Windows 7 64 bit (which is my current OS) as I don't have any 32bit computers
    Quote Quote  
  13. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    After looking at the comments for the deal extreme card, I am going to stick with an Avermedia card to avoid issues with Windows 7 64.
    I can get the H727 for a good price, just want to confirm that this will work with the modded Avermedia centre package for recording 1080i?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ajb93 View Post
    After looking at the comments for the deal extreme card, I am going to stick with an Avermedia card to avoid issues with Windows 7 64.
    I can get the H727 for a good price, just want to confirm that this will work with the modded Avermedia centre package for recording 1080i?
    Yes. C727 work with HDCP PACK (Drivers and Software)

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  15. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Claudio

I was actually after the H-727, not the C-727 (http://www.avermedia.com/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=499)

Do you know if that works with the modded avermedia centre?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ajb93 View Post
    Hi Claudio

I was actually after the H-727, not the C-727 (http://www.avermedia.com/product/ProductDetail.aspx?Id=499)

Do you know if that works with the modded avermedia centre?
    Yes mate. Work very well using AMC Patched only, no HDCP exploit drivers.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  17. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks heaps for the fast reply!
    Quote Quote  
  18. Bonza
    Search Comp PM
    Just thought I'd give an update for anyone that might be thinking about buying the H727 card-
    After I installed it into my PC, even with default software/drivers, Any HDMI source I tried viewing had a horrible flickering making it unwatchable, let alone recordable. Trying every different driver/software problem I could think of and moving it to a different PCIe slot didn't help. After almost giving up and returning it, I found out the problem was interference from either my wifi card or my old tv tuner. I removed both of them and the flickering was gone.

Also, I am now using the most recent Software and drivers, with the modded avermedia centre file only, and it works brilliantly with HDCP sources.
    Can't thank you guys enough for all your help
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks cauptain you are a legend. It works great.Just one thing can I record with amerec tv? All i get is the HDCP logo on the screen also with vdub. Is there any way to use these programs?

Cheers
    Last edited by insipod; 1st Feb 2013 at 22:56.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I wanna purchase a Avermedia capture card for 3 purposes:

1. Record TV programs (in 1080i format) from a Humax DVB-C STB via HDMI (I donno if is any HDCP ... ).
    2. Restore my old VHS tapes into a digital format (for this project I took some forum advices regarding VCR and TBC needed but not what software it`s proper to be working with ... )
    3. Restore my old audio tapes.

From above stated I have some questions:

a) Is C027 the best option for me regarding my PC specs: Win 7x64 Ultimate, Intel Quad core Q6600 at 2.4GHz, 6GB of RAM, Asus GTS 450 with 1GB RAM ... ?
    b) Is there any difference between C027 and H727 (except the TV tuner module) regarding their chipsets?
    c) Has any of Avermedia`s capture cards a TBC function like this one http://www.datavideo.co.za/en/Time%20Base%20Correctors/TBC-100, or other proprietary system resemblance with TBC function? Coz someone said that here on other thread : https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/346319-AVerMedia-DarkCrystal-HD-Capture-Station-Goo...or-Restoration
    d) How could I now if the TV programs are HDCP?
    e) Which are the steps in order to make the card HDCP free?

Best Regards,
    A.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I also wanna know which Avermedia card has this chipset from Analog Devices ADV7840 : http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADV7840.pdf
    In addition it will be very helpful to know if anyone has experience with it ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by atanatizante View Post
    I wanna purchase a Avermedia capture card for 3 purposes:

1. Record TV programs (in 1080i format) from a Humax DVB-C STB via HDMI (I donno if is any HDCP ... ).
    2. Restore my old VHS tapes into a digital format (for this project I took some forum advices regarding VCR and TBC needed but not what software it`s proper to be working with ... )

From above stated I have some questions: (various)

Best Regards,
    A.
    Hi A,

Sorry for delay in reply. The answers are below.

1 – Yes. You can record 1080i flawless, but remember : For HD records is necessary RAID 0 or SSD drives.
    2 – No difference. HDCP Pack will work in both.
    3 – No TBC in Avermedia card.
    4 – Easy. Get the HDCP Pack. Its "unlock" all HDCP devices to record via Avermedia software or other capture softwares like Virtualdub / AmarecTV / VH Capture.
    5 – Look inside the pack, its have a little walkthrough or reply in tópic.

I never see this chipset in Avermedia card.

Claudio
    Last edited by Cauptain; 13th Mar 2013 at 16:01.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thank you Cauptain for the info.

Regarding this chipset - Analog Devices ADV7840 : http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADV7840.pdf , there is a link in this forum, where a fellow member said something about it, which could be found in AVerTV HD DVR card :

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329016-2001-2010-my-capture-cards-comparison-screen...=1#post2115275

Therefore I was asking which other Avermedia card has this chipset and fortunately has any experience with it ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you Cauptain for the info.

Regarding this chipset - Analog Devices ADV7840 : http://www.analog.com/static/imported-files/data_sheets/ADV7840.pdf , there is a link in this forum, where a fellow member said something about it, which could be found in AVerTV HD DVR card :

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/329016-2001-2010-my-capture-cards-comparison-screen...=1#post2115275

Therefore I was asking which other Avermedia card has this chipset and fortunately has any experience with it ...
    The chipset is used on DENON Receviver, no Avermedia card.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  25. Hi
    I installed the hacked drivers and AMC patched.. im using a cable box and it was working fine on VH capture and AmarecTV but i tried to update AMC just to check and i downloaded Avermedia SW H727_MCS1.7.9.11012701(Beta)_Drv_1.12.x.32_SWEncd_ 3.0.1.6_SnugTV_3.3.2_110201
    That installed me SnugTV , i removed everything and reinstalled AMC patched and Hacked drivers.. now everything works fine on AMC i can record from HDMI no problem on it, but i can't do it anymore on Amarectv , i only get like 1 second of video and black screen but the audio continue without problems.. , i uninstalled everyything and reinstalled but i still have the problem...
    Any suggestions? VH capture crashes at all , i cant use that now
    Quote Quote  
  26. Formerly 'vaporeon800' Brad's Avatar
    Search PM
    Summary of above post:

1. Setup working fine.
    2. Installed update "just to check" (check what?)
    3. Problem.

Advice:

1. Ain't broken.
    2. Don't fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  27. I realized that AMC dont capture on 1080i only 720p and 1080p, and 1080p really sucks because is blending the frames , looks awful ... i just wanted to check if it was a problem with that version of AMC
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    AWESOME NEWS!!!

Released: AVERMEDIA CENTER FULL HDMI HDCP PROTECT REMOVE.

Yes. Finally no more tricks or methods to record HDMI HDCP devices.

Get the AVERTV HD PACK, install and enjoy.

Patched AMC notes - By me:

- HDCP record in MPEG2 mode.

- HDCP record in AVI mode. Set manually the AVI resolution. If it's set to 1920x1080 it doesn't correct itself and gives that resolution error.
    - FULL PS3 HDCP is gone. All games works and BDs.
    - No crashed after 7hours (view and records) tests.
    - ESET approved - No virus in EXE file.

AMC HDMI HDCP PACK - News links added:

Link 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?6mfxeifodf4ad9b

Link 2: http://www.4shared.com/rar/YMNHr8KZ/AVERTV_HD_HDMI__HDCP_PROTECT_R.html

Thank you Zcranck (AVS FORUM) for info about the patched version AMC. Its solve all problems in definitive.

Claudio
    You my friend are an absolute legend for this one. I had to make an account to this site just to thank you for saving me so much trouble from buying the DVI converter and all that. I also wanted to ask, do you mind if I make a YouTube video Instructing on how to set this up to help people out? Even though it's pretty easy to use, some like to see exactly what to.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    I wanna purchase a Avermedia capture card for 3 purposes:

From above stated I have some questions: (various)

Best Regards,
    A.
    I can record foxtel to AMC through HDMI no problems. But if i try to record using
    Hi A,

Sorry for delay in reply. The answers are below.

1 – Yes. You can record 1080i flawless, but remember : For HD records is necessary RAID 0 or SSD drives.
    2 – No difference. HDCP Pack will work in both.
    3 – No TBC in Avermedia card.
    4 – Easy. Get the HDCP Pack. Its "unlock" all HDCP devices to record via Avermedia software or other capture softwares like Virtualdub / AmarecTV / VH Capture.
    5 – Look inside the pack, its have a little walkthrough or reply in tópic.

I never see this chipset in Avermedia card.

Claudio
    I can record foxtel to AMC through HDMI no problems. But if i try to record using vdub or amerec I just get the HDCP logo and black screen. Any way to fix this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by iDocLyfe View Post
    You my friend are an absolute legend for this one. I had to make an account to this site just to thank you for saving me so much trouble from buying the DVI converter and all that. I also wanted to ask, do you mind if I make a YouTube video Instructing on how to set this up to help people out? Even though it's pretty easy to use, some like to see exactly what to.
    Thanks iDocLyfe

No problem for me.

I believe that all information should be shared and if you want to do this, you can stay comfortable. I approve.

Claudio
    Quote Quote