VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello everyone,

I have some HD video takes from a photocamera, specifically .mov files with 1920*1088 resolution (I don't know why it's not 1080), and a data rate of 45129kbit/s if it matters. No I want to make a simple movie with only these takes and I want to export it so that the quality of the source material isn't lost.

How do I do this?

So far I've used Pinnacle Studio HD 15, but the only formats with which I can export to 1920*1080 resolution are *.mov and *.wmv, but in both cases the quality drops significantly, like the resolution is lower even though it's a 1920*1080 file.

(I have Sony Vegas and AVID Media Composer installed too so if it's only possible with those kind of programs your answer will be helpful too)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by DavidDuwaer View Post
    but in both cases the quality drops significantly, like the resolution is lower even though it's a 1920*1080 file.
    Does the bit-rate match the original?

Unless the bit-rate is the same as the original, then you will lose resolution even though the frame size is "identical".
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    I can't select a higher bitrate setting. Is the problem then just that Pinnacle Studio doesn't support it? Why wouldn't they?
    Quote Quote