VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can some one tell me why there is no message letting one know how long it takes to calculate the image size. or is it a bug in the ImgBurn software.

After several attempts using the instructions, How to burn a Blu-ray or AVCHD video disc using ImgBurn ,
    I was successful creating a BD video. However, at step 3 I ran into a problem. When I clicked on the calculator for calculating image size the green bar came half way across and stayed on 63%. Although the white light that kept streaming across the green bar was running the percentage never changed, and a summary window never appeared. So I continued to run the calculations page for a number of hours hoping it was the large number of bytes in my files was why it was taking so long. After 22 hours I decided to click on the area with the file and disk icon to force the issue. Well, up popped the summary page and the program went into burning mode, and the disk was successfuly created.

I 11:24:51 ImgBurn Version 2.5.6.0 started!

I 11:24:51 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium x64 Edition(6.1, Build 7601 : Service Pack 1)

I 11:24:51 Total Physical Memory: 8,298,784 KB - Available: 6,564,796 KB

I 11:24:51 Initialising SPTI...

I 11:24:51 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices...

I 11:24:51 -> Drive 1 - Info: ATAPI iHES112 3 ML02 (E (ATAPI)

I 11:24:52 -> Drive 2 - Info: HL-DT-ST BD-RE BE12LU38 1.00-C1 (G (USB)

I 11:24:52 Found 1 BD-ROM/DVD±RW and 1 BD-RE!

I 11:30:23 Operation Started!

I 11:30:23 Building Image Tree...

I 11:30:43 Corrected file system selection for Blu-ray Videodisc.

I 11:30:43 Corrected UDF revision selection for Blu-rayVideo disc.

I 11:30:43 Calculating Totals...

I 11:30:43 Preparing Image...

I 11:30:43 Contents: 11 Files, 15 Folders

I 11:30:43 Content Type: BD Video

I 11:30:43 Data Type: MODE1/2048

I 11:30:43 File System(s): UDF (2.50)

I 11:30:43 Volume Label: [Not Configured]

I 11:30:43 Size: 15,883,102,560 bytes

I 11:30:43 Sectors: 7,755,431

I 11:30:43 Image Size: 15,884,156,928 bytes

I 11:30:43 Image Sectors: 7,755,936

I 11:30:43 Operation Successfully Completed! - Duration:00:00:20
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by adoom View Post
    After 22 hours I decided to click on the area with the file and disk icon to force the issue
    That does not "force" the issue, that is the button to start the burning process.

Although the white light that kept streaming across the green bar was running the percentage never changed
    It's just an animated graphic.

When I clicked on the calculator for calculating image size the green bar came half way across and stayed on 63%
    That's because you only had enough to fill whatever disc you were using to 63% capacity.
    Last edited by Noahtuck; 17th Dec 2011 at 22:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    hehe, yep, another victim
    Yeah... another victim...

That's like saying I turned my car's ignition key to the first position and all the lights came on but nothing happened ?

I waited for a day, although i was a day late for work, and still nothing happened...

I then had to force the issue and force my car engine to start by turning the key yet farther forward!!!

LOL!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Noahtuck,

It is a very clever post you make..However, when I learned to drive I had someone sitting next to me to show me everything I needed to know. What I was following in the instructions on the websiet were ambiguous at best. Which said to just click on the calculator, next the summary window was supposed to come up and then on to the burning, but that never happened. So what was I to assume, I was never instructed to hit that file /disk icon to continue to burning. I still don’t know how long I should wait for the calculation to take place before I proceed, or should I proceed once the green bar appears?

Don’t get me wrong, I was literally tearing what is left of my hair out, so I sure do appreciate finding this site and being able to access people who are more knowledgeable, and will take the time to respond with help. Without it I would have been lost.

Thanks to all who have responded. More questions may be on the way.
    Last edited by adoom; 18th Dec 2011 at 12:12. Reason: changes
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I still don’t know how long I should wait for the calculation to take place before I proceed, or should I proceed once the green bar appears?
    The "Calculator" or "Calculate Image Size" is pretty much instantaneous and you can burn right away as soon as you are done adding files/folder.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImgBurn.jpg
Views:	353
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	10169

You can check the little box where it say's "Auto" and you will never have to even push the "Calculate Image Size" calculator button.
    It will automatically run as soon as you drop files or folders into the main window.

Also you can click on "Help" and there are links to ImgBurn guides & other useful info.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImgBurn2.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	10170
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Beautiful, Thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote