VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Just started trying to burn blu rays, used BDRB to shrink planet earth 4 disc 50g version. Burned it onto a memorex 25g fine with ImgBurn and i can put it into my computer and it works fine with menu's and all (did full rip not just movie). However when i put it into my ps3, (main reason im burning) i get a glimpse of the starting advertisment then a black screen and thats it. Any help would be wonderfull, thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would run it through Media info and post the info. My guess is that it was encoded with more than 4 reference frames.
    Quote Quote  
  3. eneral
    Complete name : E:\Files\Videos\Planet earth disc 1.iso
    Format : VC-1
    File size : 22.3 GiB

Video
    Format profile : AP@L3
    Width : 1 920 pixels
    Height : 1 080 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 25.000 fps
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First
    Compression mode : Lossy

Here is the Info SMitbret was talken about..i think, ran the iso through Media info
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Fenrirjack View Post
    eneral
    Complete name : E:\Files\Videos\Planet earth disc 1.iso
    File size : 22.3 GiB

Video
    Format profile : AP@L3
    Scan type : Interlaced
    Scan order : Top Field First

Here is the Info SMitbret was talken about..i think, ran the iso through Media info
    Can you put it in tree display and post more?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Fenrirjack - What country did you buy your PS3 in? If the answer is the USA or Canada then your video will NEVER play on your PS3 because it's 25 fps.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    And how the hell did you get VC-1 video out of BDRB? Sounds suspicious to me that you actually downloaded this rather than ripped it and used BDRB yourself.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ Jman98 ...i dont know how? LOL, sorry very new to this all this. When i used BDRB it made another BDMV folder so i made a UDF 2.5 iso with IMGburn. IS there any way for me to change the frame rate so it will work with my ps3? it bought it refurbed a few years ago, its a 60g version from bout 2006.

@Smitbret I would but when i do tree view i literally get the exact same information.

Thx for the quick responses guys! appreciate the help!

I looked into it more, Jman is right its the fps, now i just need to find a good way to change that.
    Last edited by Fenrirjack; 16th Dec 2011 at 17:51. Reason: more reasearch
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Fenrirjack - What country did you buy your PS3 in? If the answer is the USA or Canada then your video will NEVER play on your PS3 because it's 25 fps.
    I've never done an in-depth experimentation, but I've never had my PS3 fail to play media that was 25fps. I'm watching a 25fps BBC broadcast right now on my USA purchased fattie.

AS far as Mediainfo, Fenrirjack, when you run a DVD, BD or media file through it, there are several options for displaying info. The first view gives the information that you posted. It should say (off to the side in a lttle window), something to the affect of "for more information, switch to a different view i.e. sheet, tree, etc..." Tree view gives a ton more info and can be easily copied and pasted.
    Quote Quote  
  9. @ SmitBret When i media info the Iso that is the information i get regardless of what style i use. However if i mediainfo the m2ts i get quite a bit more in tree and text:

ID : 1 (0x1)
    Complete name : G:\BDMV\STREAM\00015.m2ts
    Format : BDAV
    Format/Info : Blu-ray Video
    File size : 6.60 GiB
    Duration : 49mn 2s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 19.3 Mbps
    Maximum Overall bit rate : 35.5 Mbps

Video
    ID : 4113 (0x1011)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L4.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, ReFrames : 2 frames
    Codec ID : 27
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 16.9 Mbps
    Maximum bit rate : 35.0 Mbps
    Color space : YUV
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.326
    Stream size : 5.82 GiB (88%)
    Writing library : x264 core 120 r2120 0c7dab9
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=1 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x3 / me=dia / subme=1 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.00 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=0 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / slices=4 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=fake / bluray_compat=1 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=0 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / weightb=1 / open_gop=0 / weightp=1 / keyint=24 / keyint_min=1 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=0 / rc=abr / mbtree=0 / bitrate=16886 / ratetol=1.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=0 / qpmax=69 / qpstep=4 / vbv_maxrate=35000 / vbv_bufsize=30000 / nal_hrd=vbr / ip_ratio=1.10 / pb_ratio=1.10 / aq=1:1.00

Audio
    ID : 4352 (0x1100)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : DTS
    Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
    Codec ID : 130
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 1 510 Kbps
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
    Bit depth : 16 bits
    Stream size : 529 MiB (8%)
    Language : English.

Also heres the forum post i was goin off of that agrees with Jman

Once again thanks for the help guys realy appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Not the FPS! i changed it on all of the videos to 29.97 fps and they stilll had the same reaction.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I didn't think it would be the fps, since anything I've ripped at 25fps has played fine on my PS3. I rip to single .m2ts or single .vob files for playback and don't maintain original DVD/BD structure and thought that might be a limiting factor, but now I may just have to dig some original DVDs out of storage and pop 'em in to see.

I'll take a look more closely at your media info tonight and see if I can come up with anything.
    Quote Quote