Hello,

I have:
- Canon HSF20 digital camcorder, recording in AVCHD
- Windows 7
- WD Mybook Essentials HD external harddrive, to store thevideos
- WD Live Plus HD Media Player, to connect to my TV to playbackthe videos
- Roxio VideoLab HD editing software

I'd like to do the following:
- Playback the video on WD Live Plus HD Media Player, fromthe WD Mybook Harddrive.

Evidently Ineed to convert the files for the media player to read the files as recordedfrom the camcorder. Here are acceptableformats for the WD media player: AVI (Xvid, AVC, MPEG1/2/4), MPG/MPEG, VOB, MKV(h.264, x.264,AVC, MPEG1/2/4, VC-1), TS/TP/M2T(MPEG1/2/4, AVC, VC-1), MP4/MOV(MPEG4,h.264), M2TS, WMV9

- Connect the video clips so they playback seamlessly, asopposed to each clip starting/stopping as it loads

- Eventually, some amount of editing, though to get startedI really just want to figure-out file compatibility and playback as noted above

- Burn to disc for storage/playback on Blu-ray and regular DVD

Questions:
-Is there a good, simple, editing software that will convertthe format and tie the clips together? Willthe Roxio VideoLab HD work well for this?

- Which file format do you recommend I convert to?

- Which discs for Blu-ray and regular DVD should I use toburn on my computer? I know for regular DVD there are several options like DVD-R, etc.

- Can I download the raw files from my camcorder to myharddrive, and then delete from my camcorder and convert later directly from myharddrive; or should I keep them stored on my camcorder and convert them as Idownload to the harddrive? (I'd like todelete the video from my camcorder but not sure this is wise before I convertthe files.)

Much thanks!