VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. muffinman123
    I have a video that only vlc successfully opened by repairing it 1st. when I open the file, it pops up the dialog
    Code:
    this avi file is broken. seeking will not work correcting. do you want to try and fix it?
    if I click repair button, the video will work fine FOR THIS SESSION ONLY, the repair is not saved onto the original video. I tried to open with avidemux or virtualdub and use their own repair function, but they couldn't open it. here's the media info, notice that the vlc is able to play both audio and video, and yet media info only shows video stream info.
    Code:
    Complete name                            : D:\video1.avi  Format                                   : MPEG-4  Visual File size                                : 1.46 GiB   Video Format                                   : MPEG-4  Visual Format profile                           : Advanced Simple@L5  Format settings, BVOP                    : 2  Format settings, QPel                    : No  Format settings, GMC                     : No  warppoints Format settings, Matrix                  : Custom  Width                                    : 640 pixels  Height                                   : 272 pixels  Display aspect ratio                     : 2.35:1  Frame rate                               : 23.976 fps Color space                              : YUV  Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0  Bit depth                                : 8 bits  Scan type                                : Progressive  Compression mode                         : Lossy  Writing library                          : XviD 1.1.2 (UTC 2006-11-01)
    wtf why can't I use space to separate my lines? in this thread?
    Last edited by muffinman123; 9th Dec 2011 at 18:30.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try divfixpp
    Quote Quote