VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Can anyone help me to select a blu ray player that will play recorded dual layer blu ray discs? I have tried LG and dynex players with very limited success. Single layer recorded blu ray discs play fine. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Recorded how? The point being, some players (my Sony BDP-S360s, for example) are rather forgiving. Others will require strict compliance to BD requirements.

Anyway, a quick search of standalone players listed over <--- there, and filtering for BDR-DL, yields this:

https://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers?DVDname=&bdrdl=1&Search=Search&orderby=Name&hits=5...Submit2=Search

[EDIT] And welcome to the forum.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. The bdr-dl's are recorded using bd rebuilder or using blu ray cloner
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    "Recorded" is absolutely the wrong word for what you have. You want to say something like "consumer burned" instead to accurately describe your situation.

Some players are fussier than others. The ONLY Blu Ray DL media I would trust is that made by Verbatim. Using other brands may cause playback problems.

I have a Momitsu Blu Ray player that plays BD-R DL discs OK most of the time, but it just barfs on BD-RE discs. BD-R DL discs should be supported, but again, use Verbatim to give yourself the best chance for success. Unfortunately you'll just have to test a player to see how it does.

Finally new 100 GB Blu Ray DL discs are showing up on the market now. You should NOT expect any current Blu Ray player to be able to play those without problems.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks. I have been using panasonic bd-r dl media purchased and manufactured in japan.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thomasdasilva View Post
    Thanks. I have been using panasonic bd-r dl media purchased and manufactured in japan.
    Unfortunately as I have found out "Made in Japan" does not necessarily equal "top notch quality" when it comes to BD media. Ritek BD discs are also "Made in Japan". I recently bought a set of 10 TDK "Made in Japan" ink jet printable single layer BD-R discs and I was PISSED to find out that they were made by damn Ritek. So far they seem OK but I'll never buy them again. TDK used to use Taiyo Yuden for it's Japanese media so I could have kicked myself for not checking prior to purchase who they are currently using instead of just assuming it would it be TY.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Isn't it true that all Blu-Ray players are required to play commercially mastered dual layer Blu-Ray discs? There are many out there for sale.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by thomasdasilva View Post
    Thanks. The bdr-dl's are recorded using bd rebuilder or using blu ray cloner
    Okay, i am confused.....

If you are using Dual Layer Bluray media, why would you need to use BD Rebuilder ?

I'll Ignore the "recorded" comment for now......
    LOL!!!
    Quote Quote