Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 66.667 fps
    Original frame rate : 20.000 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive

It's a live FLV stream, Avidemux wouldn't allow me to save it as FLV, saying it only supports FLV1 and VP6.

Is there any tool like Avidemux (my most favorite and trusted tool) that allows me to demux/edit H264 file above in a FLV container? (The reason for asking for FLV container is because the source file is in FLV container and FLVExtract.exe can only extract from FLV container. (I need to use FLVExtract to extract the FLV live stream and then using MP4Box to process the H264, to make the video smooth).

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  2. why don't you edit in avidemux and export as mp4?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    why don't you edit in avidemux and export as mp4?
    Thanks poisondeathray .

For normal videos (FLV, H264, MP4), Avidemux can handles them 100% with no whatsoever problems and I could save them in any container....but for "Live" streams in H.264, Avidemux either would crash or the saved videos in mp4 or any formats would be choppy/jerky and not smooth at all, and that's the exact reason why I need to first run the H.264 thru FLVExtract.exe and put the H.264 thru MP4Box (mp4box.exe -add "P:\H.264" "P:\New.mp4") and then use Avidemux to edit it to get a perfect video.

For the above video, MP4Box couldn't handle it, see Pix attached.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Use a 2.6 nightly build. Handles h.264 much better than 2.5.x and below

http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use a 2.6 nightly build. Handles h.264 much better than 2.5.x and below

http://avidemux.razorbyte.com.au/
    Great, thanks for the link...will try that and will report back.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    still no go with Avidemux 2.6 nightly......I'm guessing the problem could very well be due to "live" streaming and my catcher is downloading it at extreme high speed (66.667 FPS ans at times 1000 FPS) while the actual FPS is somewhere between 12 -25 FPS.

In the past:
    - WMV problem, run it thru AsfBin and 99% of the time, everything would be OK.
    - MKV problem, run it thru MKVtoolnix and 99% of the time, everything would be OK

Is there any tool now to run this H.264 in FLV container and hopefully the correct time stamps/FPS would be inserted?

x264.exe --output NUL C:\input.avs x264 --output /dev/null ~/input.y4m
    x264.exe --output NUL --fps 25 --input-res 1280x720 D:\input.yuv x264 --output /dev/null --fps 30000/1001 --input-res 640x480 ~/input.yuv

Can the above from https://www.videohelp.com/tools/x264-Encoder help?

If my H264.flv is in P:\H264.flv, how would I go to force it to make the FPS to 20?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by tigerb View Post
    Is there any tool now to run this H.264 in FLV container and hopefully the correct time stamps/FPS would be inserted?
    If you re-wrap elementary stream, a normal elementary video will take on the new FPS that you enter. So if you used mkvmerge or mp4box for example

But there might be errors in your stream

x264.exe --output NUL --fps 25 --input-res 1280x720 D:\input.yuv x264 --output /dev/null --fps 30000/1001 --input-res 640x480 ~/input.yuv

Yes, but that will re-encode it. Also assumes you are decoding it correctly with the .avs . If you use avisynth, everything is CFR

If my H264.flv is in P:\H264.flv, how would I go to force it to make the FPS to 20?
    If you re-mux a stream and enter the fps value, that should do it

Otherwise you can try re-writing info in the stream with a patched FFmpeg build. See this:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you re-wrap elementary stream, a normal elementary video will take on the new FPS that you enter. So if you used mkvmerge or mp4box for example

But there might be errors in your stream

Yes, but that will re-encode it. Also assumes you are decoding it correctly with the .avs . If you use avisynth, everything is CFR

If you re-mux a stream and enter the fps value, that should do it

Otherwise you can try re-writing info in the stream with a patched FFmpeg build. See this:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=152419
    , these are like Star Wars commands to me, OK, lets make this simple with your "If you re-mux a stream and enter the fps value, that should do it"...

What steps do I need to do?

Quote Quote  
  9. Probably something is wrong with your video, or else mp4box wouldn't have problems

Try mkvtoolnix, instead of your regular mp4box procedure. Load video (might have to demux first with flvextract), highlight the video track, format specific options tab enter the fps, push start muxing
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Probably something is wrong with your video, or else mp4box wouldn't have problems

Try mkvtoolnix, instead of your regular mp4box procedure. Load video (might have to demux first with flvextract), highlight the video track, format specific options tab enter the fps, push start muxing
    Brilliant idea and I'm getting somewhere now...

1) Using FLVExtract.exe to get the H264
    2) Run thru Mkvtoolnix and highlight the video track, format specific options tab enter the FPS "20"
    3) Use Avidemux 2.6 to edit (Yes, only 2.6 would allow me to edit (cut/delete), Avidemux 2.5 wouldn't move at all (the slider)
    4) End result is good (Frame rate is staying at 20FPS)

Now with Avidemux, I'm trying to stay with 2.5 nightly cause it allows me to change Frame rate with just one click, under Video Tab and the Frame rate would stay. Avidemux 2.6 nightly somehow going backwards, with Frame Rate now buried under filters (at least 6 clicks more than 2.5 nightly) and the Frame rate wouldn't stay even after I entered 20 at "Change FPS" and "Resample FPS" (see info below) and one more thing about 2.6 nightly, there is no option to disable audio? Avidemux 2.5, I can simply click Audio Tab and select "None", or am I missing something?

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : Baseline@L3.0
    Format settings, CABAC : No
    Format settings, ReFrames : 3 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Duration : 2mn 3s
    Bit rate : 3 184 Kbps
    Width : 320 pixels
    Height : 240 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Variable
    Frame rate : 61.345 fps
    Original frame rate : 20.000 fps
    Minimum frame rate : 22.222 fps
    Maximum frame rate : 66.733 fps
    Standard : NTSC
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.676
    Stream size : 46.9 MiB (100%)

This is using Avidemux 2.6 nightly, even after changing the frame rate to 20 at both "Change FPS" and "Resample FPS", it's still not sticking at 20FPS, it's still way too fast!

P/s, Will there be any potential conflicts by installing both 2.5 nightly and 2.6 nightly? and is the Win64 versions less stable than the Win32 versions?
    Last edited by tigerb; 9th Dec 2011 at 00:57.
    Quote Quote