VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi Forum,

Please help me get a start in this filed if possible. I am a little confused and a little guidance would go a long way (I hope )

OK, let me explain.

I got this new camera (EOS 600D) that records in full HD. The files are .MOV H.264 and what I want to do is to be able to edit them and then auther to a format that will preserve the HD 1920 x 1050 50fps quality to be played on an HD TV from a USB stick or other media that I can plug into the TV.

These are mainly family type stuff - not proffesional.

I got AVS Video Editor 6.1 and can edit now but I am confused as to which format to publish to.

I tried MPEG2 HD (1920 x 1080 25fps) and its ok but still not the best quality. Still some pixelation etc.

I am currently specing out a new computer too btw.

I dont have a Blu Ray writter so obviously cant output to BD.

Any advice greatfully recieved.

Many thanks in advance.

Ron.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try convert it to mp4 with h264/avc video. Or try increase the bitrate for the mpeg2 video.

And give more information about your HDTV, what format does it play? Or are you using an external media player for it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi Baldrick,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Capture on the DSLR was 25fps full HD.

The HDTV is a Philips 40PFL6606T /12 - released this year.

It will play mpeg2 from a USB drive no problem. I have yet to discover what other formats it will play but it wont do .avi

I have a viera dvd player that will play Divx / xvid if that is another option.

From the philips website -

Multimedia Applications

Video Playback Formats: Codec support:, Containers: AVI, MKV, H264/MPEG-4 AVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1 Music Playback Formats: AAC, MP3, WMA (v2 up to v9.2) Picture Playback Formats: JPEG Net TV: Included Supported Display Resolution

Computer inputs: up to 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz Video inputs: 24, 25, 30, 50, 60 Hz, up to 1920 x 1080p
    Thanks again.

Ron.
    Quote Quote