VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I got all my media in .mkv format (in 720p or 1080p) and I want to resize it to a small screen on my Asus Transformer Tablet. I read that 720x480 is good enough.

Bascially I need to get the file small as a tablet doesnt need just a high resolution.

The problem is that when I use CyberLink MediaEspresso some of the audio does not work. So this software is not robust at all.

What is the best resize software that can do the job and work with any audio, not to mention video also.

I have Klite Mega Codec pack install on my PC.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might try HandBrake. I use that to convert MKVs to smaller formats. It has some presets that may work for your device to make setup easier. You can also use VidCoder with HandBrake if you need batch conversions.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Redwudz,

Is Handbrake the best? The mother of all video resizing? No problem resizing mkv video and any audio files?

The mother of all video codec player is Klite Mega Codec with WMC.

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to do a LOT of work yourself and spend a lot of time on it, you can write AviSynth scripts and use VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod to encode, but it's not going to be quick or easy that way. Handbrake is a good choice for inexperienced users. Are you REALLY going to spend hours just figuring out how to use AviSynth and VirtualDubMod? There are guides available to using those programs so please don't tell me you're too stupid to find them now that I told you the names of the programs. It's a tablet - exactly how "mother of all resizing" does it REALLY need to be? Handbreak is pretty good and even if you do it yourself via AviSynth and VirtualDub you're looking at best at maybe geting 5-10% better results. I'm not sure you'd be able to tell any difference.

You should be smart enough to understand that any time you ask someone "What is the best ________ ?" that you're going to get a different answer depending on who you ask. There is no "best". Your "best" might mean "What is the best quality?" Another person's "best" might mean "What is the fastest?" and so on.

Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    The mother of all video codec player is Klite Mega Codec with WMC.
    Statements like that are likely to make people not take you seriously around here. Many of us have a VERY different opinion about Klite.

Since you're new, I'm going to warn you - I'm already getting a bad feeling about your general attitude due to your 2nd post in this thread. I would advise you to choose your words very carefully for any further posts.
    Quote Quote