VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have manually copied .MTS video files from Panasonic HDC-90 to hard drive becouse needed more room on memory card. But know I can not copy the file from HDD on to camcorder. it says the card is Red only. is it normal? is there way to copy the .MTS file back on memory card and play on HD TV. This is the only way I cn play 1080/50p video on TV.

Another thing is Coping with HD Writer will change file extension to m2ts. Does it affect video quality?

Thanks
    Rovi
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    take it out of the camera and use a card reader attached to the computer. the card can't be read only or the camera couldn't write to it either. only the file in it's original format will be able to be read by the camera.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You need to save the complete folder tree to HDD not just the mts.

The camera can only deal with complete folder snapshots. It needs all the camera specific metadata.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    take it out of the camera and use a card reader attached to the computer. the card can't be read only or the camera couldn't write to it either. only the file in it's original format will be able to be read by the camera.
    it worked well with card reader, thanks!
    Quote Quote