VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've got a DVD someone burned for me, which plays fine. But when I rip it, I get an L-EC uncorrectable error in DVD Decryptor. What's the issue likely to be?
    Last edited by koberulz; 3rd Dec 2011 at 01:42.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Home burned dvds do not have any protection. What happens if you just copy the files with windows explorer?

You could also try free dvdfab decrypter and see how it works.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    This may be a sign of bad quality media with errors on the disc. Use the free version of DVDFab as it will continue to try to rip the disc forever until it finishes. Note that ripping it could take hours if the disc is bad. If you have at least 2 DVD drives on your PC you might try using a different drive for the rip.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Home burned dvds do not have any protection. What happens if you just copy the files with windows explorer?
    Cannot read from the source.

You could also try free dvdfab decrypter and see how it works.
    Error while reading.

Bad disc would be my first guess, followed by bad drive, but it plays fine, which would seem to rule either of those out.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Bad disc would be my first guess, followed by bad drive, but it plays fine, which would seem to rule either of those out.
    Do you want help or not? Your conclusion is bs. Discs with errors may play fine on DVD players but be an absolute nightmare to rip. However, since it looks like you've made up your mind, I'm done here. Good luck.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jman98 View Post
    Originally Posted by koberulz View Post
    Do you want help or not? Your conclusion is bs. Discs with errors may play fine on DVD players but be an absolute nightmare to rip. However, since it looks like you've made up your mind, I'm done here. Good luck.
    Which part of what I said indicated that I'd made up my mind? I said it would seem to rule out a bad disc or bad drive. Even if I'd omitted the word 'seem', there's still no indication that I've made up my mind, merely that I'm wrong. Which happens.

On the other hand, you've also said DVDFab would continue to rip regardless of any errors, but it popped up an error message almost immediately when I tried to use it, so that can't be right either, unless I'm using it wrong.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like jman98 is having a bad day. Keep your chin up jman!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What type of disc is this, DVD+R, DVD-R, DVD-RAM, DVD-RW, DVD+RW? By chance was it recorded by a DVD recorder, and not produced by a computer?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Try on another computer/dvd drive.

Try isobuster or cdroller.

Or maybe not finalized from a standalone dvd recorder?
    Quote Quote  
  10. In DVDFab, you have to hit Retry a few times before it will start grinding away, if I recall. Been a couple months since I had a problematic disc.

You can do the same thing in DVDDecrypter by setting retries to some high number, also setting it to ignore read errors.

Good luck.
    Pull! Bang! Darn!
    Quote Quote  
  11. CDRoller ripped everything except 1% of VTS_01_3.VOB. Imported into TMPGEnc, but it only imported up to approximately 20 seconds into VTS_01_4.VOB. Any ideas why that might be, and how to get the rest imported?
    Last edited by koberulz; 2nd Dec 2011 at 01:07.
    Quote Quote  
  12. 1. Try to convert VOB to MPG file. For example, use Split Video of CDRoller.
    2. Install appropriate codec. I successfully used free K-Lite Codec Pack ( http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm ) when i faced to the same problem.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by Nata View Post
    1. Try to convert VOB to MPG file. For example, use Split Video of CDRoller.
    Did the trick. Thanks.
    Quote Quote