VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I have some vcd's and the recording on them is one sided i.e there is sound only coming from the left hand speaker & non from the right speaker. Is there a programme avaliable which can allow me to balance the volume so i can hear both sides?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I don't know of any programs which do it automatically for VCD. But just about every audio editor has the ability to remove one channel and duplicate the other.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I don't know of any programs which do it automatically for VCD. But just about every audio editor has the ability to remove one channel and duplicate the other.
    The thing is i usually just want to upload these vcds onto youtube. Do you know if youtube allows you to do this or can you recommend a free audio editor which i can use.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. VirtualDub can open VCD DAT files directly and alter the audio. You have to use it's advanced audio filtering to split the stereo track, discard the silent one, duplicate the remaining one, then merge the two tracks back to a stereo track:

Click image for larger version

Name:	filters.png
Views:	957
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	9789

Select a video and audio compression codecs and save as AVI.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub can open VCD DAT files directly and alter the audio. You have to use it's advanced audio filtering to split the stereo track, discard the silent one, duplicate the remaining one, then merge the two tracks back to a stereo track:

[Attachment 9789 - Click to enlarge]

Select a video and audio compression codecs and save as AVI.
    Genious, thanks a millon. I will have a go.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    VirtualDub can open VCD DAT files directly and alter the audio. You have to use it's advanced audio filtering to split the stereo track, discard the silent one, duplicate the remaining one, then merge the two tracks back to a stereo track:
    Or don't bother duplicating the track to make fake stereo, just have a mono track.
    Quote Quote