VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search PM
    Hi! I've been having a problem with my Sony video camera for about a year and a half

Actually, it's the Sony CCD-TRV52, not 53, heehee, oups! ^-^

I don't know what causes it! When I put a tape in, and try playing it, it'll play for a few seconds and then stop and then the eject icon starts flashing and it starts beeping! Then, usually when I push eject, the tape will start ejecting, but stalls and never finishes ejecting! :S Then it goes back in completely, and I try to eject it again and it still doesn't come out all the way. So *THEN*, I have to move the little switch on the battery charger from VTR to CHARGE and back to VTR, so that it turns on and off. THEN, I start all over again!

I have to go through this procedure many, many, many times before it just plays normally and ejects normally. I never know how many times I have to do it before it starts playing It's like it's warming up or something...really frustratingly >.<

Does anyone else know anything about this or how to fix it?

I can't find, for some reason, a working hi8 camera in good condition for less than like $150.00! USED! D: I don't understand why people ask for so much for them when they're considered obsolete technology Well, not obsolete to *me*, but in general If anyone knows what I can do, please let me know!

I'm in the process of temporarily converting all of my family's hi8 tapes to my computer, and I can't do it unless I have something to play them in!

I'd get a hi8 player, but they're like $500.00! D: Please help me, heehee! ^-^

Thanks! ^-^

Annusya
    Last edited by PetiteCerise; 20th Nov 2011 at 03:09.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    Hi Annusya,

Good afternoon! My name is Amanda Maffei and I work for the SonyListens department. We're here to listen and respond to our customers that may need some assistance regarding to their Sony Electronics, and we resolve whatever issue that may be. I'm sorry to hear that about your camera, I would recommend calling
    Priority Service: 239-768-7547

Hours:
    • Mon-Fri 8:00am-12:00am (Midnight) ET
    • Sat-Sun 9:00am-8:00pm ET
    for further assistance with your camera. Or you can email us at Sonylistens@am.sony.com, with your contact information, mailing address, and full model number of your camera. And please also add a description of the issue that you're currently experiencing. I assure you we will get back to you with a response within 1 to 2 business days or sooner. I hope this helps. Thank you! =)

-Amanda Maffei
    Quote Quote