VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all

This is my first post and hopefully I am in the right section! I am using a mac but since I so no threads with regard to blu ray there I decided to post here.

I am trying to author a blu ray disc in Adobe's Encore ( I am new to it) that has the following layout: Main menu, 2 chapter menus and four video streams. I have set everything in encore with buttons linked to appropriate chapters and streams, first play and end jumps set to main menu. When I try to play my build (saved is .iso) in the only app that exists on the mac side of things, Mac Blu Ray player, it presents me with a generic menu and time indexes and no option to view the menus I have set. I do understand that my approach to authoring this disc is that of a dvd. I went through encore's manual but I found no useful tips there. AM I missing something. Could somebody point me to the right direction.

Thanks for your time.
    Last edited by Vasilis; 19th Nov 2011 at 12:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try to help me understand this: What is your first play set to? Is it set to the main menu or a video stream? Are there no errors when you check your project?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your reply

The first play is set to a menu (the "main" menu). There are no errors upon checking the project.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And does that menu appear as the first play or not?

Brainiac
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No it doesn't all i get is mac b;u ray player's generic menu, I know it sounds silly but I haven;t got a blu ray player so I can only test the build in a sofwre solution. It made me wonder that mac blu ray player cannot show menus?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That's a shame. I was going to suggest that you burn a blu-ray rewritable and test it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That would be the best but unfortunately I do not have one at the moment, hence my reliance on a software solution...
    Quote Quote