VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Thread
  1. Hi All,

    I finally have all my DLNA devices on the network, and I've tried windows media software, but for reason it works sometimes, and sometimes it doesn't. Can anyone recommend some good DLNA software I can use on my server that will work on XP, and Windows 7?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by mlong30; 15th Nov 2011 at 23:27.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    I think you mean "DLNA" aka "digital living network alliance" and not "DLA" which means "drive letter access".

    Do you want DLNA sources or "receivers"? For a start, I'd try out XBMC.

    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    I think you mean "DLNA" aka "digital living network alliance" and not "DLA" which means "drive letter access".

    Do you want DLNA sources or "receivers"? For a start, I'd try out XBMC.

    Scott
    Sorry about that, I did mean DLNA.

    I have the following DLNA devices on my network, and would like to stream video/audio using my blu-ray player to broadcast to my receiver, and TV.

    LG 60PZ950 Plasma TV
    Oppo BP-93 Blu-Ray Player
    Yamaha RXV-2700 Network Receiver
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    That's what the regular cables are for.

    BP-93 -via HDMI-> RXV-2700 -via HDMI-> LG60PZ950 (assuming the yamaha has passthrough).

    If you want streaming, you're talking about Netflix/Youtube/Vulu from Internet-connected media device (aka WDTVlive, etc), or from Internet-connected HTPC using something like XBMC, to DLNA "receiver app" capability on your BDP.

    The difference is that the "streaming" signal prior to the BDP is still in a highly compressed streaming mediafile format on a standard computer LAN , whereas after the BDP it is decoded into an uncompressed output of realtime, dedicated audio & video (no "file format", no Internet).

    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. You could try Serviio, it works perfectly here on my Panasonic/Samsung TV and Blu-ray. My server is running XP.
    http://www.serviio.org

    It can stream Internet to DLNA as well as locally stored files.

    Brian.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    That's what the regular cables are for.

    BP-93 -via HDMI-> RXV-2700 -via HDMI-> LG60PZ950 (assuming the yamaha has passthrough).

    If you want streaming, you're talking about Netflix/Youtube/Vulu from Internet-connected media device (aka WDTVlive, etc), or from Internet-connected HTPC using something like XBMC, to DLNA "receiver app" capability on your BDP.

    The difference is that the "streaming" signal prior to the BDP is still in a highly compressed streaming mediafile format on a standard computer LAN , whereas after the BDP it is decoded into an uncompressed output of realtime, dedicated audio & video (no "file format", no Internet).

    Scott
    I basically want to only stream, my own mp3 music files, pictures and HD video files that I shoot personally to my TV using the BP-93. I'm not really interested in Netflix type services.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member Cornucopia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Deep in the Heart of Texas
    Search PM
    http://watershade.net/wmcclain/BDP-93-faq.html#what-are-some-dlna-servers

    I've used TVersity, PS3MediaServer, and XBMC (not mentioned but still very good) before.

    Scott
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Pocatello, ID
    Search Comp PM
    My favorites:

    1 - Mezzmo ($30)
    2 - TVersity (free)
    3 - PS3 Media Server (free)

    If you don't need transcoding, then Twonky is a great little server that I prefer to TVersity or PS3 Media Server.

    If your library is large and/or you have several devices then Mezzmo is the winner by landslide.

    I've never tried Serviio.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Hi,
    You have written TVersity is free. But it is asking for the license key while I am trying to install it.
    Can you please tell me how can I do it.?
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  10. aBigMeanie aedipuss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    666th portal
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chaurasiya View Post
    Hi,
    You have written TVersity is free. But it is asking for the license key while I am trying to install it.
    Can you please tell me how can I do it.?
    Thanks.
    you grave robbed a 2 year old thread to complain a program is no longer free?
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  11. Yah i know it is a very old thread but you can see everywhere in the internet it is written free.
    Is there anyway i can install it free??
    Or any other good dlna application for win 7.
    Thanks.
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads