VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I want to buy a Blu-ray DVD player that can browse any website. That means I can enter the internet address. But, I see most of the Blu-ray DVD player can only browse limited movie channels such as Netfix, Pandora, VUDU, or BLOCKBUSTER. Do you know a Blu-ray DVD player can easily browse any website?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coody View Post
    I want to buy a Blu-ray DVD player that can browse any website. That means I can enter the internet address. But, I see most of the Blu-ray DVD player can only browse limited movie channels such as Netfix, Pandora, VUDU, or BLOCKBUSTER. Do you know a Blu-ray DVD player can easily browse any website?
    Nope. Get an iPad2 and connect it HDMI to TV.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Have not seen or heard of a blu-ray player that is able to do what you ask. Wouldn't it be a pain to type in a url using the remote or clicking an onscreen keyboard?

SOme type of computer (laptop, tablet, etc) connected to your TV is probably the best you can hope for.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, Blu-ray DVD player is not possible. The ipad2 is too expensive. Can you recommend other than PC device to wireless connect TV to fully access the internet? I just want to watch moves from some website on the TV instead of PC. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by coody View Post
    Ok, Blu-ray DVD player is not possible. The ipad2 is too expensive. Can you recommend other than PC device to wireless connect TV to fully access the internet? I just want to watch moves from some website on the TV instead of PC. Thanks.
    Check out black Friday sales on the 25th you should be able to find a reasonably priced laptop to fit the bill. Or may be a cheap PC.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    too bad web tv isn't still around
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use a ps3.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    These kinds of devices have been tried before and the US consumer market has overwhelmingly rejected them, but I guess Coody could check out Google TV. But do so quickly as Logitech has stopped making the devices and there won't be any more once they sell what they have on hand. Do note that while Google TV allows access to You Tube and in general you should be able to go to any website you wish, some entertainment websites such as Netflix and Hulu have blocked Google TV from accessing their sites.
    Quote Quote