VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am looking for a video editing software that supports importing a video file with multiple audio tracks to the file list. I have a video file in .m2ts-format with 4 different audio tracks on it, and when I play the video, the DEFAULT audio track is the WRONG one. I want to use one of the other audio tracks instead.

So far I have not managed to find a program/video editing software that lets me do this. I have tried out: Power Director 9, Pinnacle Studio 15 and Adobe PE without success. Any suggestions?

I could of course try exporting the audio from the video file, but which program should/must/can I use for exporting the different audio tracks? I tried with Audacity 1.3.3, but somehow when I open the video file in there, it creates a LONG silent trackline before the audio begins, meaning that I must first edit/cut/paste the audio before exporting the .wav - so, any other programs that lets me choose which audio track I want to export from that .m2ts-file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Vegas does. Once you import it, you right-click and select Properties of the clip and if there is more than one stream, you can swap streams to choose the one you intend to work with. I've done this successfully on v6 and v8.
    I would guess (though I haven't tried) that if you imported the file multiple times, it might be possible for you to set separate properties for each import and thus be able to use ALL the streams simultaneously.

AE ought to be able to do this also, and if I were you, I'd give Premiere a re-look - it ought to be able to also.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia View Post
    Vegas does. Once you import it, you right-click and select Properties of the clip and if there is more than one stream, you can swap streams to choose the one you intend to work with. I've done this successfully on v6 and v8.
    I would guess (though I haven't tried) that if you imported the file multiple times, it might be possible for you to set separate properties for each import and thus be able to use ALL the streams simultaneously.

AE ought to be able to do this also, and if I were you, I'd give Premiere a re-look - it ought to be able to also.

Scott
    Really? Hmm. Seems like I gotta give PE a re-look. It is a nice application to work with, but then I have another issue: HOW do I do that on PE then?

Oh, and it might work with Vegas Pro, but it doesn't seem to accept/be able to IMPORT .M2TS-format files.... or does it?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oky, I have tested this with Adobe PE10, but WHERE do I choose which audio track I want to have/use in the timeline?! Where can I see if the clip has more than 1 stream in Adobe Premiere Elements 10? I have tried looking in settings etc., but no luck. I KNOW that my video got 4 different audio tracks in it, but when I add the media to Adobe PE10, only 1 stream (the DEFAULT audio stream, which is the WRONG stream) is what I get. Where are the other 3 audio streams..?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    the better question might be whether or not your .m2ts is valid. if it's a capture you might try hdtv2mpeg and convert it.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OH MY UNBELIEVABLE GAWD! You solved it! :O MUCH appreciated! Pardon my language but I just yelled "FCK YEAH, aedipuss! THANKS!" That DID the trick! With that awesome program, I just converted it to .mpg-format and it now has the audio track I need, and it is not even out of synch either, like with the Audacity-convert and others! BRILLIANT stuff! Also, you were correct on that the file was not valid. I first tried importing a .m2ts-format, but it could not find that, so I tried a file with a .ts-format instead, and THAT seemed to work out excellent! Thaaaanks! Oh, any chance you happen to know what I can use to convert .m2ts-format files to .mpg then, huh?

Again; MUCH appreciated for this!

By the way... now that the file has been converted to .mpg, I noticed that the .mpg is smaller than the .ts-file... does that mean the quality of the video has also been slightly reduced?
    Quote Quote