VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Using WinX DVD Ripper Platinum 6.3.5 (giveawayoftheday.com free licensed copy)

Ripping to MP4
    - Audio Settings: 128kbps, 44.1KHz, Vol +2db, AAC 2CH
    - Video Settings: Quality 2500Kbps, Frame Rate 29.97, High Quality Checked, Format H264
    - Other: CPU Core Use 2, Deinterlacing checked

When I rip with the settings above I get an output file that is ~1200-1300 Kbps.

I have tried:
    - Different bitrate settings (higher and lower)
    - With and w/out HQ Engine
    - Different Video Size/Cropping settings
    - with ant w/out Deinterlacing

I can't seemget the bit rate of the output file any higher. Is there anyone here familiar with WinX that might know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance for any help.

WP
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    That's because WinX DVD Ripper Platinum 6.3.5 is complete garbage.....and a "rip" of a DVD is an exact copy of a DVD with ZERO changes to the original bitrate. What you are talking about is converting....not ripping.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @hech54, What was the purpose of your response exactly? If you don't have anything helpful to say, please say nothing at all. I came to this forum looking for help, not to get into a pissing contest about symantics or who has the best DVD ripping software.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by wperry1 View Post
    @hech54, What was the purpose of your response exactly? If you don't have anything helpful to say, please say nothing at all. I came to this forum looking for help, not to get into a pissing contest about symantics or who has the best DVD ripping software.
    Oh so defiant and confrontational. I've seen that behavior before.
    Anyway....
    You won't get much help here with the software you mentioned simply because the few times the software you mentioned is brought up in conversation....it is usually done so in order to spam and shill for the software.
    So keeping in tradition with my immense helpfulness...I will now provide links to software that many people here use daily. You'll kindly notice that "rippers" are in one tool section...and "converters" are in a completely different section...and the software you mentioned is nowhere to be found.

Here is a list of decrypting(ripping) tools...many of them FREE:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/decrypters-dvd-rippers
    Here is a list of DVD converters....again many of them FREE:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-mp4-avc-h264
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know these are old I just became a member of this group and I will throw my 2 cents in on Winx dvd Ripper program. I have been using it now for about a year and besides DvdFab it is one of the best ripping programs out there if you know how to use it. If you don't know how to use it you will get replies like hech54's. My bit Rate for a movie that is 2.26 GB in length is set at 160. That seems to be the best setting for me. Of course you can play around with that number it really depends on what your liking is. And wperry1 I get higher then that at the normal settings of a mp4 movie that I do.Click image for larger version

Name:	mp4 capture.PNG
Views:	2632
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	25421Click image for larger version

Name:	mp4 capt.PNG
Views:	2601
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	25420 I am hoping I uploading them O.K. That is a normal bitrate on audio I do 2738 kbps and the video is 160.I don't know how high I can go on audio but I think it is allot higher then that. If you get this (I know this is an old thread ) you can PM. me and I will answer whatever questions the best I can. Good luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Another first-time-spammer heard from. What a surprise.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Okay, at the risk of signing up to respond to this thread and being branded a spammer...

No, it is not complete garbage. It has the unique disadvantage of competing against free software. So basically no one uses it. I do but I don't love it. The upsides are that it is quick and easy. It is even wife friendly. They keep it up-to-date so it is the only package you need. I have used it on and off for over 5 years. They have a windows and mac versions and outside of a few minor things they both behave the same way.

The downside is terrible support. So when you do run into a bug you either have to find your own work-around or you are pretty much out in the cold. Their CS is email only and their online documentation is not kept current. For instance I was converting a TV DVD and Winx did not properly see the end of episode. I have had this happen on a few series. I fix it by trimming off the last second of the episode and everything is fine again. I am currently looking for a solution to a problem it has with about 15 DVDs not sensing the correct ratio. But, of course, no one uses it so all I can find are threads like these.

I would like to thank the people who dogpile anyone mentioning it because there are some of us that do without much difficulty and we need message board support occasionally too.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Robert Ward View Post
    It is even wife friendly.
    Yes why not throw in sexism as well......
    Quote Quote  
  9. I don't think you understand how sexism works. That was a specific reference to my wife.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And I'm sure you are not using the same version of the software from Nov 2011. So yes, it could be much better (which isn't saying much). It's still not widely used as there are numerous other options, many of which are also "wife friendly".
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  11. Well, let's see, I can rip, convert to numerous files formats, de-interlace, include subtitles, change tracks, trim, crop, and a host of other things. All of my DVDs that were worth anything when they were released look fine on my 62 inch TV. The point of doing any of it in the first place is to have our media the way we want it. How we get there should not make any difference. This snobbish behavior over a product is silly. When you help pay my mortgage you can have a say in my media. mmkay?
    Quote Quote  
  12. It appears Hech's post from 4 years ago bears repeating (bolds added for emphasis):

Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    You won't get much help here with the software you mentioned simply because the few times the software you mentioned is brought up in conversation....it is usually done so in order to spam and shill for the software.
    So keeping in tradition with my immense helpfulness...I will now provide links to software that many people here use daily. You'll kindly notice that "rippers" are in one tool section...and "converters" are in a completely different section...and the software you mentioned is nowhere to be found.

Here is a list of decrypting(ripping) tools...many of them FREE:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/decrypters-dvd-rippers
    Here is a list of DVD converters....again many of them FREE:
    https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/dvd-to-mp4-avc-h264
    Quote Quote  
  13. The funny thing is all I have seen is snobbish remarks and shilling for other solutions. There are legitimate users of the product that you dismiss because of prejudice. Nice.

Here is the thing. The product works and for the most part it works well. I would not recommend it to a newbie but for someone with experience it is not bad. I went to it when solutions like DVD Decrypter went unsupported. I have also used AnyDVD and Handbrake.

The company has been in business for at least 5 years so obviously people are buying it and using it. I sincerely hope that those allergic to spending money are at least donating a little to the solutions they do use. Nothing is really free despite what you may think. You should always take care of those that take care of you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    The thing is....this is and never was funded, peer-reviewed research we are doing here.....however you are free to return to argue the merits of staunchly defending a product whose name we have only heard of via a proven, two post drive-by shooter(wperry1).....just as he was welcome to do the same but chose not to.
    Quote Quote  
  15. I am not defending anything other than my right to use what I want and maybe ask for the courtesy of allowing people to discuss products here without the sneers and jeers. You say that no one sticks around to discuss it... can you blame them? You guys take shots at a product probably without any current research to back it up and claim it is an inferior product.

This is a time consuming process and people who are new at it and impressionable are being scared away from using it or even discussing it because of message board experts who are baring their teeth the moment it is mentioned. Maybe they should be using it, maybe not. It some ways it is as simple as it gets. The problem is like all software there are bugs to contend with and it takes a little time and experience to figure out how to work around them. But I have over 450 movies ripped using mostly it and close to 5000 TV show episodes converted using it spanning 5 years. It is not some fluke piece of crap.

I do have a current problem with a small number of discs but since message boards like this are as unwelcoming as it gets to users like myself I am stuck either using something else or contacting their joke of support
    Quote Quote