VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I plan to use BD Rebuilder for this unless there's something better? I want the least compression possible and just the movie. I don't want any audio compressed AT ALL, how do I do this? I have never really used BD Rebuilder or I have, but just don't remember how.

Also if the movie is in 3D? How do I make sure I'm handling the 3D version of it? I mounted one of my rips of a 3D movie onto my computer and it only played the 2D version - or maybe I was playing the wrong file.

Anyway...

I need to

1. Encode a BD50 movie to a 25GB disc
    2. Least compression possible, only using the movie itself
    3. All audio codecs included, original bitrates

Any help on how to do this would be great.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    In BD Rebuilder, set Mode to Movie Only Backup.

In Settings-->Output Options select Target Size BD25

In Settings-->Setup, put a check mark in the box next to Keep HD Audio for BD 25 encoding. Also put a check mark in the settings to not reencode DTS to AC3 for BD 25. If you want all the audio streams kept intact, you can select all of them once you import the movie into BD Rebuilder. Keeping all the audio streams takes up a bit of room that could be used for the video however.

To work with 3D backups, I believe you'll have to use DVDFab.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see more options telling to Remove workfiles and output folder after rebuild and burn...can I select these?

What about the "keep only BDMV/CERTIFICATE folders" option?

Is x264 encoder correct? or should there be a different one?

There are encoder settings - which is the BEST quality for BD-25? is it the High-speed option (BD-25)?

One pass encoding should be CRF or ABR encoding?

I'm just trying to be thorough
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    x264 and i would go with CRF. Beware that 7.1 HD audio could easily consume +4gb of space, i would down convert to 5.1.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dragonkeeper View Post
    x264 and i would go with CRF. Beware that 7.1 HD audio could easily consume +4gb of space, i would down convert to 5.1.
    Yeah out of all the movies I have the one I'm working with right now is 7.1. How do I down convert it? I only have a 5.1 system anyway. I just want to the bitrate to stay its original. I don't want to DTS-Core.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by kILLDR3n View Post
    Yeah out of all the movies I have the one I'm working with right now is 7.1. How do I down convert it? I only have a 5.1 system anyway. I just want to the bitrate to stay its original. I don't want to DTS-Core.
    Un-check the option "Keep HD Audio"
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since your using BD25's check the High Speed BD25 option under Settings-Encode Settings,it will cut your encode times in half.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Un-check the option "Keep HD Audio"
    Are you sure that will only down convert it to 5.1? Because DTS HD MA 5.1 is the same thing.

Originally Posted by wulf109 View Post
    Since your using BD25's check the High Speed BD25 option under Settings-Encode Settings,it will cut your encode times in half.
    I already have been going for like 2 hours with that unchecked. What's the difference except for it being faster?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you sure that will only down convert it to 5.1? Because DTS HD MA 5.1 is the same thing.
    It's been a while since i used bd rebuilder switch to backing up to a media PC, but thats is my understanding is it down mixes multi channel 7.1 and 5.1 e-ac3, etc to 640 5.1 ac3. If it were a disk with DTS 5.1 i would probably leave audio intact if you have a DTS capable system.
    Last edited by dragonkeeper; 6th Nov 2011 at 12:03.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's been a while since i used bd rebuilder switch to backing up to a media PC, but thats is mu ub=nderstanding is it down mixes multi channel 7.1 and 5.1 e-ac3, etc to 640 5.1 ac3. If it were a disk with DTS 5.1 i would probably leave audio intact if you have a DTS capable system.
    Yeah that's what I wanted in the first place.
    Quote Quote