VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I want to create custom menus without re-encode; I couldn't get Titlewriter or Rapid Menu Writer to work. I like DVD Styler, especially as the information implies that it can create DVD's from VOB and Mpegs without re-encoding. However, every time I use it, it takes hours - it took 6 hours yesterday to finish a 2 hour dvd. 2 titles with 2 simple menus. Is this normal? If not, what settings do I need for it to create without re encode? I assume this is what it was doing for 6 hours. It creates the menu files very quickly, but multiplexes the vob files takes a long time. I can't seem to see anything in the documentation that says anything about creating without re-encode...
    Last edited by bahjan; 4th Nov 2011 at 09:11.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I haven't used DVD Styler recently ... frankly, AVStoDVD is far, far superior and I'll never use DVD Styler again ... but I seem to remember there is such an option. I believe they used the word transcode instead.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I contacted 'FallenAngel' the creator of Titlewriter direct, apparently the programme only works with Shrink reauthoured files which have to be rock solid to work. I thought I'd post his reply:

Well first -You can't "load" 3 titles in TW. You load a compiliation containing 3 titles -- DvDShrink Reauthor mode (even with no compression) does this. Most likely your current compilation is created a bit - well, wonky. TW needs a rock solid compilation to start with. DvDShrink Reauthor mode provides this. Odds are it will only take a few minutes. If Option 'Make Menu' is greyed that means TW has already detected a Menu (Or menu navigation ) in the compiliatiion. TW also has a "remove all menus option" Create a full Undo point before using (vs DvDShrink re-author step)

I'm still playing with it, I'll consider writing a short 'how to' later, but it's not hard.....

I think FAngel is to be found here, but there is this link too: http://forum.digital-digest.com/f14/titlewriter-4-72-***-update-31-july-2008-***-81885.html
    Last edited by bahjan; 21st Dec 2011 at 05:17.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Make sure that "do not remultiplex/reencode" is checked, and that you select "Copy" in video & audio properties.

(DVDStyler, that is)

[should be defaults anyway I think?]
    Last edited by chowmein; 21st Dec 2011 at 07:03.
    Quote Quote