VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Up until now Ive been using the latest version of Handbrake which uses the x264 codec version r1834. What I'm after is a similar program that has all the features of Handbrake (Constand Quality/ filters/profiles/ batch encoding) but uses the latest version of x264 which is r2106.

Thanks for any help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try ripbot264, you can update x264 as u see fit. There is also the added benifit that ripbot264 use avisynth which allows further tweaks to your encodes.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dragonkeeper View Post
    Try ripbot264, you can update x264 as u see fit. There is also the added benifit that ripbot264 use avisynth which allows further tweaks to your encodes.
    Thanks for the info Dragonkeeper, does Ripbot have a Constant Quality setting, as this is all I've been using in Handbrake...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, it has a constant quality setting.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A few more questions if I may,

1. Does Ripbot read the VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD?, I dont wish to do any joining of VOB files using another program

2. Can Ripbot do Passthru of DTS and 5.1 audio (untouched)?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shagratt71 View Post
    A few more questions if I may,

1. Does Ripbot read the VIDEO_TS folder of a DVD?, I dont wish to do any joining of VOB files using another program

2. Can Ripbot do Passthru of DTS and 5.1 audio (untouched)?
    Yes to both questions, look in the tools section all the details about it can be found there. You will also find comprehensive guides for ripbot as well.
    Murphy's law taught me everything I know.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help guys, I'll give it a try.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shagratt71 View Post
    Up until now Ive been using the latest version of Handbrake which uses the x264 codec version r1834. What I'm after is a similar program that has all the features of Handbrake (Constand Quality/ filters/profiles/ batch encoding) but uses the latest version of x264 which is r2106.
    I thought I would just correct my statement by saying I have discovered a version of Handbrake whcih was updated to use the new x264 r2106. However these releases of Handbrake are only Build's and not official releases (but perfectly stable). As of Handbrake svn4313 the new x264 r2106 encoder is used and is well worth upgrading your version of Handbrake. The very latest builds of Handbrake can be found here:

https://build.handbrake.fr/job/Windows/
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    I have been using RipBot264 and updating the x264 revisions as they come.
    Quote Quote  
  10. locotus
    Search Comp PM
    If you're already familiar with Handbrake, perhaps your best choice should be VidCoder
    a Handbrake gui, that is in active development and has an autoupdate feature.
    Quote Quote