VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello people, been a lurker on here for some time but even through searching I'm having a difficult time trying to recode a video ever since getting that bloody "Corrupted Data" error on my PS3, be it whether I try to play it from my thumb drive or copy it over. It is a high-definition video with the following specs:

SOURCE: 1080p BluRay MaxHD
    VIDEO: 2192 Kbps
    AUDIO: AAC 448Kbps [5.1]
    RESOLUTION: 1280x528
    FRAMERATE: 23.976 NTSC
    FORMAT: MP4
    SIZE: 2.40 GB

Now just being lazy, I attempted to just recode the file to an AVI using FormatFactory.. however, albeit recognized by the system, this resulted in a slightly choppy playback on the PS3. I read on further that I could demux the MP4 file and convert the AAC audio file to AC3 and then remux to a new MP4 file.. but I had absolutely no luck with this. Is this necessary anyway?

All I want is to be able to play this file on the PS3 in the quality I received it in, no choppiness. Could someone please assist?

I'm running Windows 7 with a generous amount of memory. Cheers
    Quote Quote  
  2. Xvid4psp -- copy the video reencode the audio into a new MP4 file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Cool thanks man, I'll give it a go!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately the program just crashes when I try to load the MP4..
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 360 View Post

Now just being lazy, I attempted to just recode the file to an AVI using FormatFactory.. however, albeit recognized by the system, this resulted in a slightly choppy playback on the PS3. I read on further that I could demux the MP4 file and convert the AAC audio file to AC3 and then remux to a new MP4 file.. but I had absolutely no luck with this. Is this necessary anyway?

All I want is to be able to play this file on the PS3 in the quality I received it in, no choppiness. Could someone please assist?

Hi 360,

To PS3 use RIPBOT264. Its make a perfect MP4 PS3 compatible. I have thousand videos on PS3 using RIPBOT to encode.

MP4+AAC will work like a charm.

Claudio
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could be a really simple fix. The information you've given isn't enough to diagnose the problem.

The PS3 supports multi-channel .aac audio in the .mp4 container as long as it is LC-AAC, not HC-AAC. Most .aac tracks are LC so that's probably not the problem. Most likely you have an incompatible video stream. Run the original file through mediainfo and let us know whether it's Xvid, AVC, VC-1, etc.

If the original file was created with Quicktime, then that's another possibility, too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Cauptain View Post
    Originally Posted by 360 View Post

Hi 360,

To PS3 use RIPBOT264. Its make a perfect MP4 PS3 compatible. I have thousand videos on PS3 using RIPBOT to encode.

MP4+AAC will work like a charm.

Claudio
    While this is true, it may be completely unnecessary and would require a complete recode. With more info, we might be able to come up with a solution that only takes a couple of minutes.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by smitbret View Post

While this is true, it may be completely unnecessary and would require a complete recode. With more info, we might be able to come up with a solution that only takes a couple of minutes.
    I agree.

Previously used the multiAVCHD for it. He can create full PS3 compatible file without reencoding.

Try it.

Claudio

Quote Quote