VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am new at this, so hoping someone can help. Making movies of photos with music and captions, using Windows Live Movie Maker, and burning to DVDs using Windows DVD Maker. Saving in HD resolution 16:9 ratio to show on large screen TV. Everything looks good in preview before burning DVD. Finished DVD plays fine except there are digital distortion on faces (especially noticeable in teeth!) The captions (lettering) also look alittle spotty (rather than clean and solid print). These problems are not as noticeable on small TV (eg. 21") or computer screen, but appears on HD TVs 34" or larger.

What am I doing wrong? Help, please...

hsmall
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hsmall View Post
    What am I doing wrong? Help, please...
    How are we supposed to know?

And what exactly is "digital distortion"? A screen shot would be nice.

How did you do your captioning? What font did you use? Did you use a border on you font?

What bit rate did you encode at?
    ICBM target coordinates:
    26° 14' 10.16"N -- 80° 16' 0.91"W
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Also beware that the physical sizes of photographs(1600 x 1200 in many cases for even a pocket camera) has nothing to do with the apparent "smaller" size of a DVD (720 x 480).....it doesn't work that way.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry, but I said I was new at this. I'm hoping someone can give me some ideas what could cause the problem.

The distortion most noticeable on faces (most noticeable on the teeth) appears to be pixels that are misaligned or missing. Captioning is done using the Windows Movie Maker feature that brings it in automatically from my picture files that I imported for the storyboard. Captioning was done originally in Windows Live Photo Gallery when I organized the photos in folders. I used default font of Segoe UI The title and credits slides are created in Movie Maker, but they also have some fragmenting (not solid) in the final product, so it's not because of the importing from the original photos gallery.
    Quote Quote