VideoHelp Forum

Try StreamFab Downloader and download from Netflix, Amazon, Youtube! Or Try DVDFab and copy Blu-rays! or rip iTunes movies!

Try StreamFab Downloader and download streaming video from Youtube, Netflix, Amazon! Download free trial.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I want to rip a couple of videos from Youtube and then edit them into a montage for a class. I have been able to rip the videos off Youtube using DownloadHelper, so that I can watch them on WMP. I also downloaded FormatFactory 2.70 to convert the files to AVI so I can use them in Wax (or DebugMode Wax? something like that). But for some reason the videos are not displaying in Wax.

If I'm using the wrong programs for any of these steps, please let me know what I should use. I don't need the fastest or best programs, just the ones that work. Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What video codec did you select in formatfactory?

You might have to try some different and see what works. Like uncompressed, mjpeg, etc.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Cool. So I changed it to mjpeg and the video is working. The audio is not, but we have improvement. Thanks Baldrick. I think this is a more simple problem because I can rip the sound separately, correct? If you can give me an easy way to do that, I would appreciate it. If not, I've seen a lot of how videos for that so I think I can figure it out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I use AoA Audio Extractor to get the audio from downloaded YouTube videos in WAV form for working with in Audacity or whatever you plan on doing with them.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm still not getting audio out of the WAV files in Wax. I've been adjusting the bitrates and the samplerates to no avail. Is there another setting I should try changing?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by SmellsOfMahogny View Post
    I want to rip a couple of videos from Youtube and then edit them into a montage for a class. I have been able to rip the videos off Youtube using DownloadHelper, so that I can watch them on WMP. I also downloaded FormatFactory 2.70 to convert the files to AVI so I can use them in Wax (or DebugMode Wax? something like that).
    If you have Avisynth installed, you can use a script to load almost any video into Wax without conversion to AVI, thus preserving original quality. For example, create a (text) file xxx.avs containing simply the line:
    ffmpegSource2("myvideo.flv", atrack=-1)
    Then open xxx.avs as a media file in Wax.
    This also imports the audio track.

Originally Posted by SmellsOfMahogny View Post
    I'm still not getting audio out of the WAV files in Wax. I've been adjusting the bitrates and the samplerates to no avail. Is there another setting I should try changing?
    The preview in Wax does not play the audio.
    Or do you mean there is no audio in the rendered output?
    What audio format are you saving to in project settings?
    Quote Quote