VideoHelp Forum

Poll: What size monitor are you using?

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I was using a 20 inch 1600x900 lcd and just bought a 24 inch 1920x1080.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Benq M2700HD 27 inch 1080p

Don't buy this monitor if you intend to use the built in USB hub. It turns off when the monitor goes into standby mode. Plus it takes ages to wake up from standby. Apart from that, great monitor for the price.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    24" 1920x1200 as the main display with a 17" CRT at 1024x768 to the side.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Samsung SyncMaster 305T 30in & a Hanns-g HG221A beside it
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Up until 2-3 months ago i was still using a 19" crt, now i am running an Asus VH238H Black 23" 2ms LED.

Kicks @$$ on my new setup playing games!!

But i may end up keeping it as a secondary monitor for when doing vid.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    24" LED Viewsonic. Not my favorite brand, but it was the right size and had a VGA and a HDMI input that I needed. And I wanted 1920 X 1080 native resolution.

I had better black levels with my 22" Hanns G, but their 24" didn't have the inputs I wanted. I do like the LED monitors as they run a lot cooler and use less power and should last a lot longer than a florescent backlit monitor.

I also have some older 15", 17" and 19" monitors I use for my servers and other PCs. Some of the 15" ones are getting dim as the florescent backlight dies, but they are probably close to ten years old.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have an AOC 19" wide screen that I like a lot. Prior I had a Hanns-G 19" inch wide screen that I loves, but it only displayed 16.2mil colors instead of 16.7mil and it made retouching in Photoshop a nightmare.

Now when I shop for monitors or help others shop I make sure to check the displayed colors part of the specs.

--dES
    "You can observe a lot by watching." - Yogi Bera
    http://www.areturningadultstudent.com
    Quote Quote  
  8. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    dell 24" widescreeen.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use my 46" Samsung HD tv as my monitor..
    I am interested in making VCD's with my Digital Camera..i found this site and think it's great for newbies..keep up the good work..
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Had a Nanao 21" CRT for many years, which was great but it weighed 85 lbs. !!! and it finally crumped. (Some vital part that was not cost-effective to replace.) Replaced it with an Iiyama 18" (another premium CRT line) about 5 years ago. This one is almost as good, but liftable. I'd still like to have that missing 3" of screen back, but hey, you can't have everything. I'm rather old-school on a lot of things -- still prefer 4:3 CRT over the WS panels totally dominant in the market now, particularly for basic office app.s but even for a lot of video. (I guess you could make a case for wider spreadsheets, though . . . . )
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dell 3007WFP, must be the best I will ever have the pleasure of using...
    Quote Quote  
  12. 2005WFP for the last 5 or 6 years my only monitor I bought since
    Quote Quote  
  13. Still using the 32" HDTV @1366 by 768. If I were sitting closer or had a bigger display than I would want a higher resolution display setting. Sitting where I sit that setting works for me. Wireless KB and Mouse of course.
    If I'd known I was going to live this long, I'd have taken better care of myself.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Samsung 24" 1920 x 1200 for the last three years. Great general-purpose monitor, although if I was serious about photography I would get something with a better color range and black level.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Still just a Sceptre X9G Gamer 19" 1280x1024. One of the first 4ms ones to come through. I got it at the time for the 4ms and the fact that it's got DVI, VGA, Composite and S-Video inputs. Damn thing won't die though .... The kids have much better (one 21" 1600x900(?) and the other 1920x12080) ones than I do. Maybe it's time for a whoops-howd-that-happen?
    Have a good one,

neomaine

NEW! VideoHelp.com F@H team 166011!
    http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/main.py?qtype=teampage&teamnum=166011

Folding@Home FAQ and download: http://folding.stanford.edu/
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vizio 26" LED edgelit TV as monitor. 1920X1080.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    100" of 1080p thrown for my HTPC on the wall above the fireplace by an InFocus X10 projector

Quote Quote