VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a cheap e-reader I want to watch movies on, it does .pdf, audio, and .jpeg, and I want to know if any members can recommend any software that can run a movie on an unknown operating system, all I see is a very simple BIOS, and from my distant memory I remember a codec that uses .jpeg, also theirs the one, popular in games these days that don't require a player forget the name....help

peace
    RE_MOTE
    Last edited by Baldrick; 16th Mar 2012 at 10:13. Reason: New title
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It would help if you disclosed the make and model of this e-reader.
    Perhaps the codec from your "distant memory" is m-jpeg? Not very good compression, but effective for short clips. I've seen a bunch of small digital photo cameras that use it for short, low res movie recording.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    why? most ereaders have e-ink b&w screens and very low power cpus that aren't capable of playing much. unless it's a nook color i'd say forget it. search for rooting nook color if it is.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. UPDATE: And sorry for the delay, it's a cheapo MiGear by E3 style pty. ltd called BSTE101 ver 105 with 1.73Gb memory, and I'm wanting to watch movies on it, I understand 'bink' by radtools can run without being actually installed on a pc, has anyone done this, wacted a movie on an E_reader....???

thx in advance
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the thread title.

radtools creates an exe with the video and a player for windows operating system.
    Quote Quote