VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there, I searched the forum, and google in general, but couldn't find an answer...

I want to convert 2 files - CDG and MP3 - to one divx file. Possible?

I could only convert the CDG, using CDG2AVI, but all I get is the text... obviously... I guess I can then use an editor to add the mp3 to the avi, but is there a better, more efficient way?

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I doubt that. CDG converters aren't that common. But you can pretty easy join the avi with the mp3 and make an avi divx/xvid, in avidemux open the avi, under video choose mpeg4 xvid, under audio choose mp3, from the audio menu choose main track->audio source->external mp3, load mp3, save as avi.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks! I'll look it up. Does it support batch muxing?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Man! People still using CDG? My CDG player got stolen when I moved 5 years ago, never replaced it 'cuz I only had 5 CDG discs and haven't missed it since. So many better kinds of karaoke for those who still want to do that kind of thing.

I would think you could contact the author of CDG2AVI, or if it's opensource, and get the source code for the picture decoding. This could be matched to an OCR for text subs...but I'm not going to do it. Too small a niche need.

Otherwise, what Baldrick says is probably the best way to go...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Cornucopia, what I want is to turn these CDG files (+MP3) into Divx files (with both the audio and text) and simply play them using a streamer, for my kids to have fun with...
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by danroberto View Post
    Hi there, I searched the forum, and google in general, but couldn't find an answer...

I want to convert 2 files - CDG and MP3 - to one divx file. Possible?

I could only convert the CDG, using CDG2AVI, but all I get is the text... obviously... I guess I can then use an editor to add the mp3 to the avi, but is there a better, more efficient way?

Thanks!
    I want suggest you a free CDG to Video Converter. It allows you to convert cdg (or mp3) to avi, divx, mp4, mpg, mkv or m2ts.
    Detailed guide here:
    http://www.kantoeditor.com/how-to-convert-cdg-to-video/
    Quote Quote