VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would like to start making karaoke videos from beginning to end. So I will need a programs that will allow me to:

- add the lyrics and do all those transitions. I heard that a lot of people are using aegis sub for that.
    - able to have two audio tracks, a with vocal and one without
    - burn it all onto a dvd

I am very new to all these things but would like to learn. Does anyone know programs that can do these things. I read in a thread to use Adobe Premiere and Encore for this but not too sure.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Karaoke can be done with any number of programs ... not just those expensive products... I dont think they have any presets for karaoke ... its a bit more than just editing.

Freeware but with some know how.

Video / audio edit : Avidemux / audacity
    Subtitles : Subtitleworkshop ... I prefer Visualsubsync
    Dvd Authoring: For complex nav structure and menu Id go with gui for dvdauthor

Playback on system before committing to media ... or risk wasting dvd's

If dvd preforms inaccurately use pgcedit to correct nav commands.

Playback ... if correct commit to media using imgburn

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Those transitions" fit in video/audio edit ... some in dvd authoring ... depends

Subtitles which change color in karaoke generally are hard encoded into the video clip.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Generally speaking create karaoke titles using 2 video's which gives dvd two vts titles ... much easier for newbies to grasp

More complex is the use of angle's ... a rare beast but it dose appear once in a while
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the quick reply bjs.

I am planning to hardsub it onto the video and it was just going to be a one video two audios kind of thing. Can I do all that in the dvd author?

I've been reading around and was told to place one track on L and the other track on R mono. Some also specified that the audio track needs to be converted into a wav format and I also read somewhere that ac3 was needed? Can all this be done in the dvd authoring part?
    Quote Quote