VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi.
    I use VirtualDub to correct audio delays in videos.
    However now I have video which audio is both sync and out of sync. I mean, for some periods audio is correct but then it is not. So I cannot delay or shift the whole audio stream and would like shift/delay only selected period.
    How to to this in VirtualDub ?
    Thanks.
    Last edited by ralf07; 17th Oct 2011 at 10:53.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Interleaving has nothing to do with sync. It has to do with how chunks of audio and video chunks are spread throughout the file, not when they are played. For example, you could have all the video frames appear before all the audio, but that doesn't mean the video is played first, then the audio is played. What determines when the two are played is the audio "skew" value. You can't change that in the middle of an AVI file.

And you can't fix that type of problem with VirtualDub. At least not very easily. You would have to cut it into different segments and adjust segments individually, then join all the segments back together again.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sorry, my mistake, I meant 'Audio skew correction' under 'Interleaving...' command in VirtualDub.
    OK I see...thanks, I'll split video into parts and try to fix it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @jagabo

Could you recommend any good splitting program?
    Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For AVI ? Use Virtualdub itself !
    Quote Quote  
  6. Yes, put VirtualDub into video and audio Direct Stream Copy mode. Use the mark-in and mark-out tools to mark sections of video on key frames. Then Save as AVI.
    Quote Quote