VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    is there a way of deleting songs and videos without itunes?
    tried with copytransmanger but it wasnt compatable...i use winamp to delete stuff off my ipod but i dont think it works with iphone 4 too
    i just have some songs i never ever use and want them gone off my phone
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I use CopyTransManager with my iPod Touch and it works fine. You know that you still need the iTunes executable on your computer in order for CopyTrans to install correctly......right?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have itunes on all my computers but the ipod/iphone are with another computer and i dont want them synced with this laptop so i add songs/videos from this itunes i just have it set so its manually managed so therefore i need another source to delete files off it
    winamp works fine for the ipod and i used to use copytransmanager but it crashed when i delete more than one file or when i try and edit a file
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    There's also a CopyTrans "Suite" you may want to try. That one (I believe) is almost like an "online version" that allows you to copy stuff from an iPod to your computer(which regular CopyTrans does not allow). I have both....used the suite version a few times. I'm a newbie when it comes to iPod stuff so "syncing" still confuses the crap out of me.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    nah cant use that
    also if you see my thread re orbitdownloader i cant download the suite anyway
    everytime i go to download something it goes to a page saying orbitdownload manager is downloading it but its not as i have uninstalled it
    pain in the butt
    im between a rock and hard place now
    one step away from smashing this laptop lol
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I hear ya....I have bad luck with laptops. Shouldn't be any difference between a PC and a laptop but laptops piss me off.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i have to wait and find a solution to the orbit situation so i can delete all plug ins and files off the comp before i can download anything unless i do it via torrents
    but a good alternative to itunes would be great winamp is awesome for ipod but no compatability with iphone4 same with copytrans but i wasnt a fan of editing files with copytrans as it crashed like crazy everytime i used it
    reinstalled it several times with no luck
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    My iPod Touch 4 works with CopyTransManager version 0.944
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    all i know is i connect and its says read only with iphone 4
    it says there is a new version available to download but like i said i cannot download anything until i find a way of deleting all remnants of orbitdowloader off my computer
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    btw searching some forums i found a way of deleting songs/files off my iphone/ipod from itunes without it syncing..learn something new everyday! yay me
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For the orbitdownloader problem.

You might want to save time and uninstall-reinstall your browser as well as trashing orbit. Trying to figure out what is screwed up almost always takes longer than a uninstall reinstall. I have a problem with Chrome and Free Download Manager. My solution is not use Chrome for downloading. I prefer Firefox anyway but I have multiple browsers installed for flexibility.

Ethelred
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i downloaded firefox to use it with with downloading
    so is orbit connected only to chrome? so if i uninstall it then reinstall it it should be gone?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I downloaded an app for my Iphone called Wifi Disk. It's just a spiffy way to put songs and videos on your iphone/ipod touch/ipad. You wirelessly put them on your device with your wifi router setup. You can swiftly delete songs and videos after doing this, by going into Wifi Disk, using your finger to swipe the title, and then again, using your finger to hit the little red box that says "Delete". I am so over itunes! If i were to buy music, i might use it, but with Wifi Disk, it's so much easier to add music and videos to my Iphone. When i get an iphone 5 later this year, i will for sure use this app with it.
    Last edited by snafubaby; 3rd Mar 2012 at 04:28.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by cherryll View Post
    I also tried copytransmanger but I don't think it is a good way, so I still use itunes.
    Do you really think ANYONE with an I.Q. greater than a small stone will take that seriously?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Bye bye dirtball scumbag spammer.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by kaufen View Post
    ...but what Apple wants, Apple gets.
    True, while fools rush in buying that Apple crap!

Quote Quote