VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello all.
    First I would like to say sorry if I posted this in the wrong catagory and if this topic has been up before - it's hard to search for something when you don't know the name!

- alright.. I have a project to make and a friend of mine stumbled upon a video which is exactly what I have to do. The thing is we don't know how to do it or which program they've used. What program they've used is most important. The video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0Kwutugeg

Hope I didn't brake any rules

Have a nice day!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Video directly in post:

(You type [video]videolink[/video])
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm sorry!
    But yes that is the link if anyone should be confused.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I have to say something that's gonna hurt - you have to walk before you can run. If you can't even describe which effect you want, you won't be able to reproduce it.

What's in that video is a combination of non-rectangular mask wipe/reveals, 3d-ish zippy zoom & blurs of logos, text zoom/reveals with stop & start scrolling, and more zoomed, layered text with progressive rear blurring, all on a hazy background that includes audio waveform bars.

This can be done in AfterEffects, or any good, professional Compositing app (Nuke, Combustion, etc), and probably in many 3D modelling/rendering/animation apps (Maya, Cinema4D, 3DSMax, Blender, maybe even Blufftitler). Given the right plugins, could probably be mimicked in most pro NLE's (AVID, FCP, Premiere, Vegas, Edius).

Not going to explain how to go about it, it would take WAY too long. I suggest you start with a MUCH less ambitious project...

Scott
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wait a minute...let me take a look....

OK, just use that one and chop out the stuff you don't want. Then put some weird random effects on what you have, give it a couple bumps in the blender, pour it back in a file, and you're good to go
    Last edited by budwzr; 12th Oct 2011 at 21:07.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by alestormdk View Post
    it's hard to search for something when you don't know the name!
    If you're referring to the text effect specifically, it's called "kinetic type". It's way , way , wayyy overdone in things like music videos. But there should be many tutorials if you search for those words or similar phrases

The thing is we don't know how to do it or which program they've used. What program they've used is most important. The video is here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pI0Kwutugeg
    You can do it in any non linear editor, but very likely this video was done in after effects
    Quote Quote