VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I've read a lot on this forum and found some very useful info!

I have a HD PVR and the problem I am having is the m2ts/ts files that I get are sometimes showing up with incorrect durations. For example I have a ~10GB m2ts file which should be a few hours long that I've recorded off my Sky box which is showing up as only 8 seconds long. If I open in VLC I can watch it all the way to the end, but I want to edit it to be able to remove the commercials or any guff at the begining and end of the film.

Every program I've tried to use to edit it, also only shows a duration of 8 seconds.

I can't find anything on how to fix this, anybody able to help me?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Tried "remux" it with tsmuxer, open the m2ts, save as new ts or m2ts.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks Baldrick

I have tried this before, but when I open the file in tsmuxer it complains "some tracks not recognised. This tracks was ignored" which is my audio track.

I am just demuxing with ffmeg now to try this. Do you have another suggestion?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That's the only option.
    Quote Quote  
  5. The ffmpeg step to demux worked!

Also opening the file in MPEG Streamclip (which detected and repaired the errors) and then saving the file out again worked. I haven't got quicktime pro/alternative installed so couldn't see any video to do any edits.

Now I just need to find the best (free) cutting software. I used the trial of Transport Stream Packet Editor which was good. At least now the ones I do try can see more than 8 seconds of footage

Thanks for your help guys.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for posting your solutions!
    Quote Quote