VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi! I recorded a couple of SlowMo-Clips (using a Canon EOS 600D) - The clips are encoded as H.264 and have a framerate of 50 FPS.

Unfortunately, my video editing tool doesn't support proper editing of clips in 50 FPS - I can import them, but they get automatically "interpreted" as 25 or 30 FPS, depending on settings, even though the properties still show the framerate as 50. When I slow the clip down to by 50%, the program treats the source file as if it only had 25 fps, so only every 2nd frame will have a new content and half the frames are lost.

Now, I COULD render the individuals clips with half speed to 25 FPS-files in another program that doesn't have this issue and continue from there, but that would either mean quality loss or giant filesize and more re-encoding time for my ridiculously old computer.

I wonder: Is there a way to "patch" the clips in a way so the frames will get automatically stretched out to half speed and recognized as 25 fps clips WITHOUT re-encode?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I reckon it's impossible ... ? It's a bit of a stretch to be fair.
    Quote Quote