VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Every time I import a .mp4 video into Sony Vegas, it puts these ugly pixels throughout the clip.
    The video is perfect before being imported into my Sony Vegas Pro 9.0.

Here is the .mp4 im trying to edit:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FWZ0SMO2

If i import it and place it in the timeline, i get these horrible pixel deformations (Highlighted below):
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	233.2 KB
ID:	9043

and if i change the "Pixel Format" from 8-bit to 32-bit (full range), they disappear and it looks like this:

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	345
Size:	283.4 KB
ID:	9044

but if i scroll down the timeline a little, it starts doing the same thing! (Highlighted below):

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	330.6 KB
ID:	9045

If anyone can help me figure this out it would be SO VERY HELPFUL!

My computer specs are:
    Intel Pentium 2.13GHz dual-core
    4GB DDR3 RAM
    and its an Acer laptop.

If you would like to see this personally just add me on Skype and i can show you what im talking about.
    (Skype Name: HaffaWaffle)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Does the final rendered video contain these errors?

(I just watched it in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 using default settings, and there are no errors - even when scrolling down the timelime).
    (using HP laptop/1.83 GHz Dual Core/2 GB RAM).
    Last edited by mike20021969; 7th Oct 2011 at 06:38.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by mike20021969 View Post
    Does the final rendered video contain these errors?

(I just watched it in Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 9 using default settings, and there are no errors - even when scrolling down the timelime).
    (using HP laptop/1.83 GHz Dual Core/2 GB RAM).

When i render out the clip, it has all the messed up pixels in it,
    They ONLY appear when i import the .mp4 into Vegas.

here is my render out of Vegas:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QB7TDRKK
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tested and rendered it out to Sony AVC and WMV aswell. No problems with it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. so when you take the .mp4 annd import it into vegas, you dont get little pixels anywhere when you just scroll through the timeline?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by HaffaWaffle View Post
    so when you take the .mp4 annd import it into vegas, you dont get little pixels anywhere when you just scroll through the timeline?
    I didn't, no. I also rendered it out using Sony AVC 1280x720 - the end result was as clear as the original (albeit at a lower (for speed purposes) - 2.11 Mbps - bit rate than the original)
    Last edited by mike20021969; 7th Oct 2011 at 07:16.
    Quote Quote  
  7. The problem has to be within Sony Vegas itself, cause your having no issues rendering and everytime i render it, i get the same damned result!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HaffaWaffle View Post
    The problem has to be within Sony Vegas itself, cause your having no issues rendering and everytime i render it, i get the same damned result!

Is your installation bogus?
    Quote Quote  
  9. I just installed the newest version of Vegas and everything is fixed! it was just a bug in Vegas pro 9?
    Quote Quote