VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hi,

I'm in the market for another DVD player, and since it's been a while since my last purchase, I thought I'd ask a few specific questions. Unfortunately, my searching the board beforehand, gave me little, if any, promising results.

What I'd like to know is, are there any current players here in the US that can handle not only the video aspect of a PAL dvd, but also compensate for the audio difference as well? Right now, I have two units from '06-'07 that do the picture quite nice, and so far it's never really been an issue for me. However, since I'm looking to upgrade, I was just curious if any changes ever came about in the form of audio timing? Sort of like how WinDVD uses the Pal TruSpeed feature, if that makes any sense?

I apologize if this has been asked and answered before, I just couldn't find any reference specifically to the audio.

Thanks in advance.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Try to find a Philips 5990 or similar.

These play PAL and convert to 60Hz NTSC.

Many Chinese players play PAL as PAL but then you need a PAL display.
    Recommends: Kiva.org - Loans that change lives.
    http://www.kiva.org/about
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Can you even get the Philips 5990 new anymore ?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why bother with DVD? Almost all the newer Blu Ray players will handle PAL on NTSC sets. Seiki, Philips, LG, Sharp, Toshiba, Samsung, etc. Take your pick...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm only seeing used 5990's......
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try the Philips DVP3560-F7 at amazon.com. It's only $38.99.
    http://www.amazon.com/Philips-DVP3560-F7-Upscaling-Multimedia/dp/B003LWXJ2A/ref=pd_sim_e2
    Quote Quote